1. Ramon Colom's rating of the film Afraid So

Solo planos. Una voz seductora. En cada verso un mazazo. Esto es cine. Esto es original

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Afraid So

3. lou.'s rating of the film Afraid So

Another good job Jay. Should I reconsider a bit my judgement upon your work?

4. Paul and Wade's rating of the film Afraid So

Unsettling yes, but not a film of deep fear and anxiety.

5. pepelamb's rating of the film Afraid So

Fantástico como todo el trabajo que conozco de este gran realizador

6. Ruben's rating of the film Afraid So

7. satindar.bedi's rating of the film Afraid So

First film after I joined MUBi. Epiphany inducing.

8. DrFirestone's rating of the film Afraid So

Interesting idea. I think what I like most is how nicely the beginning and ending are entangled. What's in between though is less impressive - mostly random footage, some of which work and make sense, some don't. Reading the comments, I agree that it probably would have been more effective if the images were less direct, perhaps a bit surreal - acting more on our subconscious level. Nothing special? - I'm afrad so.

9. luisxavier's rating of the film Afraid So

I don’t know what to write about this movie. But it’s a great one.

10. Chichago_'s rating of the film Afraid So

11. Grecia Perez's rating of the film Afraid So

SOOOO NICE BUT UNPLEASANT. Certainly it made me feel uncomfortable but that’s the point, I’m afraid so.

12. Tiba Hobus's rating of the film Afraid So

13. Yaroslava's rating of the film Afraid So

Enigmatic narration and visuals

14. Alexine Chanel's rating of the film Afraid So

super sharp, super hot, or rather, dead cool, as in cold. perfect!

15. Laura Guerim's rating of the film Afraid So

It grew on me and made me think of several other questions to add. It left me a bit anxious. I loved it!

16. artur róg's rating of the film Afraid So

very nice concept and atmosphere, but i'd like the images to be more abstract and less direct

17. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Afraid So

Unsettling and dark. Was about to say Dziga would be proud. But someone in the comment section said that already. I love the montage, combination of found footage, narration and doom ambient in the background. I only wish he woulda contrasted the visuals and sound even more by using less direct visuals to break/cut the narration and make it more fragmented and surreal.

18. Cosma's rating of the film Afraid So

Rosenblatt's tiny, elliptic, poetic, mysterious, elegant, transparent, terroristic, naive, sadistic, fragile, psychotic, digging, ecologic, cheap, valuable, exegetical, mesmeric, magnetic movies are truly amazing. Afraid so...

19. panagiotatos's rating of the film Afraid So

20. Kamran's rating of the film Afraid So

Whoa. Abstract, direct, montage cinema at its finest. Vertov would be proud. 85 - Excellent.

21. Étrange's rating of the film Afraid So

The sense of dread is there through the voice, some of the images are wonderful. But it lacks the more unexpected footage to bring diverse meanings to the questions. The hanging for "Is my time up already?" adds to the atmosphere, the glass of milk for "Did the glass break?" contradicts it. To suggest impending doom, it must refer to humanity's growing chaos: have a man throw a rock through a shop window.

22. guillermo's rating of the film Afraid So

Fear and trembling in a poetic-cinematic way. As in other Rosenblatt´s short films, I got shocked, but also expected something more, which I ignore what that shall be, maybe it´s something about language itself that lacks a missing attribute. Please do not trust in language, not even in cinematic language. That´s it. Film arts are still illusion, not a granted access to pure essences of reality.

23. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Afraid So

I didn't find all of these as effective as I think they had the potential of being. Perhaps it was due to the fact that some of the questions asked in the poem seem much less significant than others. Take for example "Was the baggage misrouted?" vs "Do I have to remove my clothes?" One speaks more to the pit in your stomach, if you ask me. Makes sense though, would be rather strange to remove certain lines from it.

24. vxpl's rating of the film Afraid So

i guess i really have a soft spot for rosenblatts shorts...