1. Steve G.'s rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

Can you be kicked out of a bar for being too talkative and friendly?

2. Severus Snape's rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

3. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

I so want to love this, but…no. And I seldom disagree with Ebert, who declared this a Great Movie, but it just doesn't do it for me. Also, Rachel Ward bugs me, to say the least.

4. Mike A's rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

Most philosophical neo noir I've seen, beating out Night Moves, and without sociopolitical pretensions; if you bunch it with the classics it's up there with Out of the Past, Mann's Raw Deal, Criss Cross and Where the Sidewalk Ends as an examination of what seems like fate but is actually just the brute, ultimately banal confluence of chance and character. May be one of the best post-Classical American genre films.

5. Edward Copeland's rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

Jason Patric gives his best screen role in James Foley's great adaptation of Jim Thompson's pulp classic. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2009/08/when-man-stops-caring-what-happens-all.html

6. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

After Dark, My Sweet is the least known film from Ebert's Great Movies (discuss!). And having seen it now...How could it be this unknown? It's so great you'd want to give SPEED: CRUISE CONTROL another chance.

7. Janice's rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

As usual, the book is better.

8. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

I only remembered the sex scenes from this so watching it again was like seeing it for the first time. Bruce Dern was pretty amazing!

9. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

Easily the best adaptation of a Jim Thompson novel with this offbeat indie neo-noir. Jason Patrick's twitchy, dazed performance gets old pretty fast, but the rest of the cast - particularly the scene-stealing Bruce Dern - are top-notch. Subtly stylish with an unusual atmosphere and desert setting and genuine suspense and tension. One of the best of its genre.

10. traag-1's rating of the film After Dark, My Sweet

great 90's hidden gem about a drifting committed man who finds himself on the run only to be taken in by a couple of strangers who have lucrative scheming plans in store for him. Jason Patric is fantastic because you don't know what he's going to do from scene to scene...stylish with southern noirish charm and a well written script