1. Ştefan Ristea's rating of the film After Hours

2. Dalibor's rating of the film After Hours

Unpretentious little "film of the absurd", channeling Scorsese's mid-80's reflections on capitalism and it's tragicomic opportunists. Between Rupert Pupkin and Fast Eddie Felson getting their way playing hardball, here comes a common-day Paul who gets grind up just trying to get laid and smoke a joint on an idle Tuesday. The artistic interpretations with Henry Miller or "The Scream" are just to make your hearth warm.

3. Alex Flores's rating of the film After Hours

Unbelievable that it's a Scorsese film. A must watch.

4. Henry12345's rating of the film After Hours

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film After Hours

3.7 stars. I can't think of any many films which would suffer so badly from being watched in the middle of the afternoon. If you're yet to watch 'After Hours', please do yourself and the experience a favour by watching it after 10:00 p.m. at the very earliest. It is a perfect film for that state of slipping into sleep and then lurching awake again. If it's too sunny outside, the dream logic won't stick.

6. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film After Hours

Not the funniest, not the grittiest and certainly not the best, but such a great twist in Scorsese's oeuvre.

7. Europudding's rating of the film After Hours

8. jhubbs's rating of the film After Hours

Screams proto-Eyes Wide Shut. Comedic, but darkly so. There is a sense of sinister machinations beneath the surface that are just out of knowable reach. After the normal/rote setup, the protag/viewer slowly succumbs to Oz like quicksand. This is so far out of Scorsese's normal range that any meta depth read into it may just be the result of filmmaking coincidences(?) like the protag faces within. If so, lucky us

9. irzan hakim's rating of the film After Hours

the nightmare that i've always dreamt of

10. Log Lady's rating of the film After Hours

Conceptually, there's everything that should make me love this: sleazy 80s New York, surreal shenanigans, a story that happens during one night, Scorsese... None of this won me over completely and it kills me. Maybe if the pace had been more frantic and the general tone even more out there...? Still, worth watching and I can definitely understand the cult classic status.

11. ap's rating of the film After Hours

And for my 1000th rating, I chose a movie that I have wanted to rewatch since highschool. And it was so great that I want to watch it again! Soon!

12. askapsaskis's rating of the film After Hours

The clumsily frantic editing and the horrendously dated score about gave me a headache. The story is a great deal of fun, but I have yet to connect meaningfully with Scorsese.

13. Horia Constantinescu's rating of the film After Hours

probably my favourite scorsese? 4.5

14. Bob's rating of the film After Hours

Grime, but seductive, surroundings of 80s New York make a perfect scenery for this dark and moody comedy. Late hours of one single night are masterfully sodden with paranoia and restlessness, while the synth driven soundtrack - along with couple of oldies goldies - makes a perfect accompaniment. It shares the same DNA as "Blow-Up" and "Deep Red" but it stays true to its genre, thus being one of its hidden gems.

15. jewelsofglory's rating of the film After Hours

I love, love, LOVE this film. Incredible story- almost lynichan on reflection. Editing and cinematography was superb and seamless from start to finish. Although it is philosophical however it mediates between purely enjoyable whilst inferring subjective torment. This film makes my top 10 list.

16. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film After Hours

17. dionysus67's rating of the film After Hours

One of Scorsese's very best films, this is a dark comedy on the motif of urban alienation, of the incarceration into the shell of conformist workplace roles and of the fears of one's sexuality. All this through the lens of the collapse of values and the vacant space for human intimacy. It is an ensemble piece acted superbly by Dunne, Arquette, Fiorentino, photographed in subtle hyperrealism by the great Ballhaus.

18. gld48's rating of the film After Hours

19. f-nanda's rating of the film After Hours

Nah. What's up with all the paper mache crazyness?

20. Aardsy's rating of the film After Hours

Hard to believe Scorsese can do goofy fun.

21. Nachtreich's rating of the film After Hours

22. Ryan O'Connor's rating of the film After Hours

After Hours is a film of pure style. The whole point of the film is to give the viewers a tightly wound thrill ride that while watching, are never allowed to breathe. This is made clear by the fact that the plot is essentially a classic "one damned thing leads to another". This film also employs insert shots of keys, photos, door knobs and other objects all to add to the sense of heightened tension.

23. Federico Maria Baldacci's rating of the film After Hours

24. Myles's rating of the film After Hours

A romp through the now fictional realm of affordable Lower Manhattan. There's such energy and zest for life in this celebration of bad luck in America's filthiest city. The art direction, lighting, soundtrack, and the adorkable Griffin Dunne make this a lost wonder.