1. Log Lady's rating of the film After Hours

Conceptually, there's everything that should make me love this: sleazy 80s New York, surreal shenanigans, a story that happens during one night, Scorsese... None of this won me over completely and it kills me. Maybe if the pace had been more frantic and the general tone even more out there...? Still, worth watching and I can definitely understand the cult classic status.

2. ap's rating of the film After Hours

And for my 1000th rating, I chose a movie that I have wanted to rewatch since highschool. And it was so great that I want to watch it again! Soon!

3. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film After Hours

The clumsily frantic editing and the horrendously dated score about gave me a headache. The story is a great deal of fun, but I have yet to connect meaningfully with Scorsese.

4. Carl Penguin's rating of the film After Hours

probably my favourite scorsese? 4.5

5. bitterMoo's rating of the film After Hours

6. Bob's rating of the film After Hours

Grime, but seductive, surroundings of 80s New York make a perfect scenery for this dark and moody comedy. Late hours of one single night are masterfully sodden with paranoia and restlessness, while the synth driven soundtrack - along with couple of oldies goldies - makes a perfect accompaniment. It shares the same DNA as "Blow-Up" and "Deep Red" but it stays true to its genre, thus being one of its hidden gems.

7. jewelsofglory's rating of the film After Hours

I love, love, LOVE this film. Incredible story- almost lynichan on reflection. Editing and cinematography was superb and seamless from start to finish. Although it is philosophical however it mediates between purely enjoyable whilst inferring subjective torment. This film makes my top 10 list.

8. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film After Hours

9. gld48's rating of the film After Hours

10. f-nanda's rating of the film After Hours

Nah. What's up with all the paper mache crazyness?

11. Aardsy's rating of the film After Hours

Hard to believe Scorsese can do goofy fun.

12. Nachtreich's rating of the film After Hours

13. Ryan O'Connor's rating of the film After Hours

After Hours is a film of pure style. The whole point of the film is to give the viewers a tightly wound thrill ride that while watching, are never allowed to breathe. This is made clear by the fact that the plot is essentially a classic "one damned thing leads to another". This film also employs insert shots of keys, photos, door knobs and other objects all to add to the sense of heightened tension.

14. Federico Maria Baldacci's rating of the film After Hours

15. Myles's rating of the film After Hours

A romp through the now fictional realm of affordable Lower Manhattan. There's such energy and zest for life in this celebration of bad luck in America's filthiest city. The art direction, lighting, soundtrack, and the adorkable Griffin Dunne make this a lost wonder.

16. alchimia's rating of the film After Hours

This movie gave me anxiety.

17. tyb's rating of the film After Hours

While not usually counted among Scorsese's best, this is definitely a great movie. This Alice in Wonderland-esque late-night city odyssey is a fascinating journey, equal parts funny and exhilarating.

18. Nikki Barnhart's rating of the film After Hours

19. Audrey's rating of the film After Hours

20. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film After Hours

21. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film After Hours

De la belle ambigüité d'un : "I want to live".

22. HenriqueA's rating of the film After Hours

I wish Marty would do a comedy like this once again. Hilarious.

23. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film After Hours

Scorsese presents a paranoid vision of New York through quick editing and fast dialogue. In the process he creates one of his funniest movies!

24. FISCHER's rating of the film After Hours

Un film halluciné, complètement perturbé, qui malgré son outrance et ses excès dans la description de certaines situations pesamment kafkaïennes, ne semble pas si éloigné d'une certaine réalité nocturne new-yorkaise... www.cinefiches.com