1. Viginti_tres's rating of the film After Life

A cleverly constructed comedy that requires you to BYO pathos by constantly reminding yourself 'They are dead. They are dead. They are dead.' When it became more of a movie, and one about movie-making, it lost me a little in cute quirk, but is quite effecting if you let it.

2. Renton47's rating of the film After Life

If memories were enough we might never need movies. After all, why the recreations? As if by recreating and witnessing we get the perspective needed to take "it" with us. I find something moving about Koreeda's ambitions here: the looseness, the simple setting, the willingness and doubt of participants. This time I was a little removed, denied an intimacy the subject demands. 3.5

3. Wasunan T's rating of the film After Life

"The moon is fascinating isn't it? Its shape never changes yet it looks different, depending on the angle of the light."

4. Sheldon's rating of the film After Life

After Life/Wonderful Life/Wandafuru Raifu takes beautiful, melancholic and contemplative look at the death and questions what is of true value in life.

5. Peregrine's rating of the film After Life

as calm as can be - i often found myself drifting off into memories, just as the story drifts from one character to another one and sometimes, never comes back again. I felt like I was there somewhere - wondering what to choose, absorbing the "in-between" of the overall setting and wanting to go outside and after the movie I went to the river where they were shooting a German musical with ballerinas

6. FISCHER's rating of the film After Life

Une oeuvre étrange et fort envoûtante, qui séduit par sa sourde et profonde originalité et la diffuse richesse de son inévitable questionnement existentiel. www.cinefiches.com

7. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film After Life

8. NCMBianchi's rating of the film After Life

[More like 4.5] This is currently the first and only of Kore-Eda's movies that I watched, therefore I might consider part of his 'style' elements of this motion picture that aren't recurring in his production. I feel like his way of depicting surreal action in a way that is both ethereal and everyday-life is key in mediating very well what is really touching in such a concept: people are more complex than memories.

9. HSBilly's rating of the film After Life

its heavenly beautiful, but somehow depressing. the scene with that yesterday's set is unforgetable.

10. pintobean's rating of the film After Life

Such an amazing concept. A smart, contemplative film on memory and the function of cinema. Really something great.

11. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film After Life

This movie is quiet, unforgettable, and unique. It's purposefully stagnant, and that makes it so beautiful. Be patient when you watch it, because it is very rewarding.

12. David Grillo's rating of the film After Life

Japanese cinema and the pleasure of hot tea

13. Ryan O'Connor (23)'s rating of the film After Life

a film about memory, cinema and life. perfect.

14. Chichago_'s rating of the film After Life

This film makes me think: If I have to pick only one memory from all of my life that I want to cherish, which one that I will choose? Such a difficult question to answer.

15. Muraki's rating of the film After Life

a masterpiece about memories

16. angiebasuki's rating of the film After Life

enjoyable, very interesting theme beautifully brought without being too heavy. like most J-films, After Life nailed to embrace every single detail of each ones life. at least right now i have two things in mind, 1. which moment will i choose when my time has come? 2. thank god the film was made before CGI era

17. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film After Life

Oh my god, life is beautiful after all.

18. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film After Life

Kore-Eda is, as a friend put it, a very "generous" director. After Life takes a high concept and makes it intimate and sorrowful. That Japanese term, "mono no aware," the feeling of wistfulness at life's fleeting nature -- that's what this gentle movie embodies.

19. Ostermyers's rating of the film After Life

Fascinating ! About memories, creations, films. A film about cinema.

20. agartthaa's rating of the film After Life

21. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film After Life

Hay un encanto documental en "After life". La representación de la vida. La memoria como fuente de contemplación y también como fuente fílmica. Koreeda a través de una trama fantástica promueve un discurso metaficcional. Fascinante es una escena que deja al descubierto cómo la memoria no siempre será fiel, muy a pesar no se extravía la esencia de la idea. El diálogo entre no recordar y responsabilizarse de sí mismo.

22. Angelika Arman's rating of the film After Life

I so loved the first 10 minutes that I had to stop to cherish the memory

23. oooooo's rating of the film After Life

24. Savannah's rating of the film After Life

Beautiful and understated. A simple, rich, quiet film. I loved it.

← Previous 1 3 4