1. Muhammad Sabil Waso's rating of the film After Life

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film After Life

Even in death, after death, we are growing. Not fantastical, but not a slice of life either. Kore-eda’s films exist on their own tender plane.

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film After Life

Hidden gem. So you're dead. Tough break, but before you go on, there's just one little thing we need you to do. Think of your best memory, and make a short film about it. And be creative! Too many people have already done movies about their trip to Disneyworld.

4. ebabehh's rating of the film After Life

"Looking out of the Cessna, do you remember the shape of the clouds?" Sometimes when I can't sleep, I try to focus on a pleasant memory until I drift into oblivion. Like Kieślowski's Talking Heads, After Life is built atop a simple premise rarely questioned by the characters. Is it even possible to isolate a memory? What if our memories are false? Would we want to live any memory, no matter how pleasant, forever?

5. Mtume Gant's rating of the film After Life

Never have a I appreciated the totality of existence until someone suggested a concept that my eternity would come down to just one moment. 4.5

6. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film After Life

Cos'è la morte? La scelta di un solo ricordo per dimenticare la vita? Un'interessante domanda, non trova risposte altrettanto interessanti. Bello lo spunto, meno la realizzazione.

7. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film After Life

The script reminded me of Amenabar's "The Others." Amazing subject. Amazing art direction with windows partly frosted. The end hymn (with the end credits) on the soundtrack Reveals Kore-eda's interest in Christianity as is evident in The Third Murder. What stuns me is Koe-eda's variety of original subjects chosen by him to film as writer, editor, and director.

8. Aulia Indry's rating of the film After Life

Even life after death, we still can't predict too.

9. xiaoyue's rating of the film After Life

there is no coming out from this film without feeling immensely grateful. hirokazu koreeda has created for us a redemption, that even the most mundane lives, even those that seem like they simply happen, can culminate in the eternal resonance of one, perfect memory.

10. 丹尼斯's rating of the film After Life

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film After Life

12. ijol's rating of the film After Life

You really cannot think about anything bad if the premise itself is that mind-blowing.

13. Balthaz21's rating of the film After Life

14. Viginti_tres's rating of the film After Life

A cleverly constructed comedy that requires you to BYO pathos by constantly reminding yourself 'They are dead. They are dead. They are dead.' When it became more of a movie, and one about movie-making, it lost me a little in cute quirk, but is quite effecting if you let it.

15. Renton47's rating of the film After Life

If memories were enough we might never need movies. After all, why the recreations? As if by recreating and witnessing we get the perspective needed to take "it" with us. I find something moving about Koreeda's ambitions here: the looseness, the simple setting, the willingness and doubt of participants. This time I was a little removed, denied an intimacy the subject demands. 3.5

16. Wasunan T's rating of the film After Life

"The moon is fascinating isn't it? Its shape never changes yet it looks different, depending on the angle of the light."

17. Sheldon's rating of the film After Life

After Life/Wonderful Life/Wandafuru Raifu takes beautiful, melancholic and contemplative look at death and questions what is of true value in life.

18. Peregrine's rating of the film After Life

as calm as can be - i often found myself drifting off into memories, just as the story drifts from one character to another one and sometimes, never comes back again. I felt like I was there somewhere - wondering what to choose, absorbing the "in-between" of the overall setting and wanting to go outside and after the movie I went to the river where they were shooting a German musical with ballerinas

19. FISCHER's rating of the film After Life

Une oeuvre étrange et fort envoûtante, qui séduit par sa sourde et profonde originalité et la diffuse richesse de son inévitable questionnement existentiel. www.cinefiches.com

20. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film After Life

21. NCMBianchi's rating of the film After Life

[More like 4.5] This is currently the first and only of Kore-Eda's movies that I watched, therefore I might consider part of his 'style' elements of this motion picture that aren't recurring in his production. I feel like his way of depicting surreal action in a way that is both ethereal and everyday-life is key in mediating very well what is really touching in such a concept: people are more complex than memories.

22. HSBilly's rating of the film After Life

its heavenly beautiful, but somehow depressing. the scene with that yesterday's set is unforgetable.

23. pintobean's rating of the film After Life

Such an amazing concept. A smart, contemplative film on memory and the function of cinema. Really something great.

24. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film After Life

This movie is quiet, unforgettable, and unique. It's purposefully stagnant, and that makes it so beautiful. Be patient when you watch it, because it is very rewarding.

← Previous 1 3 4