1. R's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

a pretty overrated 'film'...all the praise seems to come from the filming style, the difficulty of making the film, the odd relationship between director-actor. interesting conceptual points but makes for about an hour of flat moving images with half an hour of brilliance at the end. will have to watch again

2. Olivier Mouchel's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Un des grands chefs d'oeuvre de Herzog et un de ses thèmes chers, la mégalomanie (et par extension la folie de l'homme). Habité par un acteur à la démesure du rôle : Klaus Kinski ! Un film indispensable qui a influencé entre autres Coppola (Apocalypse Now) et Terrence Malick (le rapport de l'homme à la nature).

3. Galou's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Déçu. Je m'attendais à un chef-d'oeuvre, j'ai trouvé un bon film. Oui Kinski est très bon, mais après un premier plan merveilleux on s'enfonce avec ces conquérants dans la boue. C'était peut-être l'objectif d'Herzog ?

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

5. kiras's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

The after-effects of trepanning your skull and siphoning in swamp water. It's remarkable. Manages to be authentically hallucinogenic without being whatsoever druggy. One of the few films I would love to see in 4D... but a 4D that is genuinely quite painful and even dangerous.

7. Pierre.F's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Une performance dingue de Klaus Kinski et des images aussi fortes de Herzog. Il a une manière très vivante de filmer cette épisode de la colonisation espagnole en Amérique du Sud qui déjoue les codes des vieux péplum ou films historiques. Une descente au enfer inoubliable par Kinski.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Une folle et délirante épopée, entre élaboré documentaire et séduisant lyrisme, avec un magistral Klaus Kinski, dans un de ses meilleurs rôles... www.cinefiches.com

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Ro

10. dordai_robert's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

11. Levi Miah's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Herzog drags a ridiculous amount of people on rickety log rafts through raging rivers and doesn't kill anyone this time (just about). If there was ever any proof that artists write themselves into their characters, this is it. Insanity, for sure, but the results are startling. More modern filmmakers need to take risks like this.

12. ammar's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

13. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Man. Kinski in this. That damn Richard The 3rd like walk. One of a kind all-time performance

14. SiIencio's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Herzog combines the sublime with the pedestrian in his Aguirre, an epic descent into utter chaos and madness. Kinski is certainly the perfect embodiment of psychosis both on and off screen. The legendary dark halo around the film and the gravitas of both stars more than compensate for elementary aesthetics and perhaps the fact that Herzog's naturalistic style does not truly compliment the sense of psychosis intended.

15. Renton47's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

To steal from a user on another site, it feels so true that this could be a forgotten TV-film remembered in a stoned stupor by few. Such is the immodest strangeness of 'Aguirre', a 90-min fever dream that feels like 30 and will probably plague you until end days. In fable form Herzog delivers an essence of truth, about the fallibility of man and their conquests, in which surrealism is closer to authentic nature.

16. st aga's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

I have the unfortunate honour of resembling Klaus facially (which would work if I wasn't female and mixed with a chubby, injured Minnie Driver) so refuse to knock his madness at any point. It's probably a comment on my pathetic attention span, but I do find Wenders' large-scale epics to drag a bit at points, but the beyond-real strain and back breaking effort of the whole thing makes you feel guilty not to finish it.

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

18. Loz Loory's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

4.5 I loved the running time. 1.5 hours was enough for Herzog to create this entire universe and flesh out all these idiosyncratic characters fully. Unlike some of today's "auteurs" who insist on 3 hour "director's cuts." This movie reminded me of the recent "Embrace of the Serpent." That too was set in uncharted waters of South America, but could have been edited to keep the viewer's attention.

19. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Werner Herzog's apparent masterpiece, but not my favorite of his. I've heard complaints of it looking and feeling amateur, but I don't agree with that criticism. I think that it does have more of a documentary feel to it, but that adds to the film instead of takes away. Kinski is great as usual.

20. belemir's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

21. Feng Ling's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

as good as Herzog's doc on Kinski made it to be... "he says it does not speak" land and gold or power and fame?

22. Sherry's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

A weird expedition that didn't start how I expected, and definitely didn't end the way I had been made to feel. Strange and definitely a film you need to mentally prepare yourself for. I am going to have weird dreams tonight.

23. Thom Slattery's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Breathtaking vision of power and madness. Kinski is captivating as the skulking Aguirre and Herzog captures the beauty and fierceness of the jungle surrounding him and his doomed compatriots. I absolutely love Kinski's "I am the great traitor" speech.

24. Rhondo Alameda's rating of the film Aguirre, the Wrath of God

A deadly accurate rundown of humanity's follies. Completely and chillingly applicable to today's political situation.