1. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Lowery is surprisingly strong where he combines fragmented narration and montage to create a filmic slipstream (e.g. during the first ten minutes) which builds up tension against the background of slower narrated sequences. Editing and cinematography are superb.

2. letters never sent's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

3. katiehjerpe's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Loved this movie about a woman coming of age and growing, about what motherhood entails of one’s life and character, what fatherhood entails, too, all illustrated by the men a woman will choose to have in her life and by the community of men willing to forgive and protect her, a daughter who is good no matter who her dad was. Produced by Weinstein Brothers.

4. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

David Lowery's first film with wide scrutiny does not disappoint.

5. mpho3's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

I appreciate Hart's, Young's, Lowry's , and the actors' craftsmanship, but it doesn't entirely work. There's a real beauty and grace at the core of ATBS but not enough to supercede the protagonist's sheer stupidity, Mara's mumbling (despite which she was actually quite good), Carradine's character's lack of necessity, the cartoon-esque bounty hunters, and the notion that motherhood absolves all.

6. betts's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

it's like that one friends thanksgiving episode: acting? good. direction? good. score? goooood. but it also feels like an MFA Story which is to say it has all these technically good components with no soul. just a pretty, empty thing.

7. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Like standing in an open field and seeing a lone star in the deep night sky. Or holding your child for the first time. To Kill a Mockingbird, gone to ground. And such films help me understand, as best I can - humility. One does not need magic to kill the tic toc man. Simply. Play this film. Like a scene out of the film Wizards. Ridley's Reflecting Skin. I am humbled, as a viewer, and walk my footsteps calm.

8. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Saturated with the soft horizontal focus characteristic of classic American drama, along with the sad loneliness and sentimentality of modern westerns, this is a satisfying film. Like a good country ballad.

9. Nick Potter's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

I really liked it when it first came out, but I appreciate it even more now that I have a grip on Lowery's style. If Malick remains off track, I'm more than content with Lowery picking up the slack, even in a "one for me, one for them" scenario. That said, I really like all three of his films.

10. zubee's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Mara is pretty, but that smirk doesn't help. The cinematography is lovely but the slow pace is dull. Affleck is a zombie.

11. Jenny Miranda UTR's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

This was a very simple film with a predictable ending. It was a bit slow but entertaining enough to get through the whole movie, a lot of talking and dramatic silent scenes. The story about love is very sweet, a simple Romeo and Juliet story. I probably wouldn't watch this movie again it had no aspects that made me have any draw to the movie. Over all an okay film with at some character depth. But no originality.

12. Kevin's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

A couple decades ago intl. films from Argentina were synonymous w/ ennui. On one level, this movie is merely the first part of the movie Ghost Story, one more story in the couple’s time travels. The thought is more exciting than the movie, which like Ghost Story requires fast forward. I get the desire to emulate the Dalai Lama, but one filmmaker’s search for the spiritual is not sui generis for indie films.

13. David Perez's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

No stars. A saccharine piece of garbage. This guy should be writing hallmark cards and directing after-school specials.

14. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

David Lowery loves a slow and emotionally powerful story. Mara and Affleck again star in this Lowery drama, but here they are very different characters... and Affleck doesn't wear a sheet for the whole film. It's a slowly ebbing character piece with some powerful performances by all. Great work all around and there never seems to be a false note on display. Lowery once again shows mastery of mood and tone.

15. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

A simple tale told well, love woven and frayed without the need for operatics.

16. Daniel Grudsky's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Para los modern western lovers ( como yo ),un drama con actores de lujo ( dos de mis favoritos ).....Rooney Mara y Casey Affleck

17. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

A moody and beautifully directed crime drama

18. Cartaphilus's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

19. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

I don't know why I thought this film had “a malickian feeling” in my first viewing. Maybe because I was so impressed by BADLANDS at the time. Well, not anymore. it remembers me some crime dramas, but this is very shallow in retrospect — only with a few beautiful, honest scenes.

20. Zach Closs's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

"Ain't Them Bodies Saints" worships Terry Malick to a somewhat distracting degree, even if it does succeed in emulating the auteur's signature style. But it's the performances and characters in "Saints" that win you over, in any case -- Rooney Mara and Ben Foster in particular are sublime, with solid supporting work from the compulsively watchable Keith Carradine.

21. Mariana Narciso's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

22. Nicole Richie's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

You can feel Lowery channeling Malick, but the plot is totally subversive to what Badlands is and that's probably what i most enjoyed.

23. Bret Bynum's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints

This film felt very much like if Terrence Malick remade Badlands with his more modern aesthetic. That being said, this movie certainly is no rip off. It's a blend of poetic acting, cinematography, camera work, writing, and emotion all set is the dry and harsh, yet beautiful Texas landscape. The film unapologetically romantic and thoughtful.

24. tommy cruise's rating of the film Ain't Them Bodies Saints