1. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film A.K.

An enchanting gaze over some serious grace.

2. Mtume Gant's rating of the film A.K.

Always endearing to see a master honor a master. Lovely meditation. 3.5

3. John Baldwin's rating of the film A.K.

This film has been widely dismissed, but it's an amusing, and very personal, take on a genius at work. Well worth seeing for three reasons: 1) Marker's warm tribute to A.K.'s creative team, including his sound man, who died before this film was released; 2) footage from the rarely seen movie Horse, starring the beautiful young Hideko Takamine, and 3) a scene from Ran set in a field of gold (which A.K. later cut).

4. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film A.K.

One often gets the feeling that Marker's filmmaker documentaries are more about Marker than the subject, and I find Marker half interesting and half time-wasting. This is easily the least of the three I've seen (Tarkovsky and Medvedkin being the others).

5. A47's rating of the film A.K.

"The spirit of cinema is to show people what they want to see. Everyone's forgotten that." I've put this off for a long time. Maybe because I didn't want to look behind the curtain. Maybe because I was afraid I'd be disappointed. Of course, I wasn't because Chris Marker knew better than to get too close. He was careful not to "steal" the beauty. Excellent.

6. - -'s rating of the film A.K.

"Such beautiful images, but no one ever films them". Well, this time someone did, thankfully- Chris Marker, who playfully picks up the pieces left behind. As usual, he focuses on the banal behind the epic, and the film is composed of so many lingering, quietly brilliant moments.

7. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film A.K.

In which Chris Marker, cinema's greatest traveller, journeys back in time to the year 1560 to film feudal warriors preparing for battle.

8. Espen Nomedal's rating of the film A.K.

Akira Kurosawa and his filmcrew battles 'Ran' from Marker's camcorder which not only documents the challenges of producing film within numerous circumstances and logistics, but elaborates on a filmmaker's personal trademarks and themes with curious enthusiasm. Allthough less essayistic than his Andrei Tarkovsky documentary, I found Marker's personal insights great filmschool material and fun to look at.

9. Robin Whenary's rating of the film A.K.

The best 'making of' I've ever seen.

10. Zachary Curl's rating of the film A.K.

i really liked this, though i really thought that were was going to be something a little bit more to it.

11. All Is Grace's rating of the film A.K.