1. ejonline's rating of the film Akira

(Saw a while back). At the time this felt distinct in terms of the world that it built and the texture of the animation. Having now read the entire manga, my memory seems to indicate that they really had to truncate the story and that it becomes a bit muddled. In retrospect, it feels like something to experience rather than to think too much about. The manga is also like that at times. Definitely worth checking out.

2. Ruby's rating of the film Akira

Before there was Eleven from Stranger Things, there was Akira.. One of the most intense anime experiences- a landmark of science fiction, action and the cyberpunk genre. I can't really explain exactly what happened, so I would definitely recommend watching for yourself to try and figure it out!

3. F/K's rating of the film Akira

Beautifully animated and a story that truly makes you think about how society treats violence

4. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film Akira

5. colortear's rating of the film Akira

How Kaneda manages to persevere boggles my mind. Excellent animation. Sometimes I pause the viewing to take in all the details.

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Akira

A bloody cool and intermittently highly disturbing ludicrously truncated sensation of a film. Its nuclear horror thematics are splayed across its surface like so much neurotic gristle that the undergrad dissertations essentially write themselves! As with Tarantino, not unfair to take issue with the fact that the film is in love with its own violence, but the violence burns truly in the mind years after viewing.

7. Luca's rating of the film Akira

8. La Boracherie's rating of the film Akira

9. Teresa Silva's rating of the film Akira

10. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Akira

11. Luiza Tavares's rating of the film Akira

12. Hannah Faris's rating of the film Akira

13. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Akira

An almost untouchable classic not only of anime, but also of sci-fi and cyberpunk. Get quite trippy at points but definitely worth the effort

14. André Rangel's rating of the film Akira

15. stopyunn's rating of the film Akira

The best Cyber punk anime of all time

16. yulyasemenova's rating of the film Akira

17. André's rating of the film Akira

18. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Akira

It's not the manga, but nothing is, and its easy to see how this inspired like...everyone from a visual perspective

19. miles's rating of the film Akira

20. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film Akira

21. Trunfos's rating of the film Akira

22. caitlin.f's rating of the film Akira

very cool animation. like REALLY cool. but the story made no sense to me lol.

23. rksw's rating of the film Akira

24. JCPJD's rating of the film Akira

Visuals, visuals, visuals. This is one of the most interesting films to look at and introduced me to a whole new aesthetic. This is a film of a six volume comic book series, so the story does feel far too crammed and the plotting doesn't always make sense to me. I listened to the 2001 english dub, which was fine.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7