1. meepy's rating of the film Akira

Akira is the result of the oppressed country of Japan after World War 2. Painted in a negative light, the message seems to be saying that with the rise of technology, there is an increase of fear too- that it will take over mankind. The role of Akira is like a metaphorical concept of power. Tetsuo gains this power, which ends the film with the line “I am Tetsuo.” as history repeats itself.

2. Ade Hendy's rating of the film Akira

Suka heran sama selera klo mutusin buat nonton pelm2 dengan tagline 'tuk referensi aja'. Selalu berakhir ngrating segini

3. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Akira

it's got a dark vibe to it that's been calling my name since I finished watching yesterday...

4. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Akira

It's a masterpiece. A flawed one, but a masterpiece nonetheless. It's mandatory viewing for every movie lover out there and presents a very current portrait of our world's social state.

5. Renton47's rating of the film Akira

I feel like this particular narrative was a virus on my developing mind - and not just me, a generation of political-apathetics allured by the conspiracy, nihilism, destruction. I still root for Tetsuo, even recognising his romance as a kind of distraction from the bigger things he/I can't grasp. That's also the appeal of cinema, the virus an encompassing dream we must emerge from.

6. yovargas's rating of the film Akira

7. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Akira

You feel it too, don't you? The saturation of this city, the allure of atomic renovation. Is Akira understandable,coherent,plot department-wise? Barely. I don't think anyone can explain what happens in this film. It's a mess. But can you feel it? This city, these canals,these human people,these sounds and sights, these petty thugs and almighty Gods. These bongo drums-the asphalt and walls, graffited concrete. Oh yes.

8. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Akira

A gritty violent post-apocalyptic animated movie with grotesque creatures and bloody deaths. It has a lot of stuff happening and it has an energetic pace that never seems to stop.

9. Peter Strenge's rating of the film Akira

Best sci-fi anime movie ever. Makes you think deep shit.

10. James Van Fleet's rating of the film Akira

One of the most batshit-crazy feverish exciting confusing films ever - I mean, yeah, it makes more sense the second time around, but half the fun is getting lost in all the peculiarities and bold artistic design and bizarre story turns.

11. ejonline's rating of the film Akira

(Saw a while back). At the time this felt distinct in terms of the world that it built and the texture of the animation. Having now read the entire manga, my memory seems to indicate that they really had to truncate the story and that it becomes a bit muddled. In retrospect, it feels like something to experience rather than to think too much about. The manga is also like that at times. Definitely worth checking out.

12. Ruby's rating of the film Akira

Before there was Eleven from Stranger Things, there was Akira.. One of the most intense anime experiences- a landmark of science fiction, action and the cyberpunk genre. I can't really explain exactly what happened, so I would definitely recommend watching for yourself to try and figure it out!

13. F/K's rating of the film Akira

Beautifully animated and a story that truly makes you think about how society treats violence

14. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film Akira

15. colortear's rating of the film Akira

How Kaneda manages to persevere boggles my mind. Excellent animation. Sometimes I pause the viewing to take in all the details.

16. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Akira

A bloody cool and intermittently highly disturbing ludicrously truncated sensation of a film. Its nuclear horror thematics are splayed across its surface like so much neurotic gristle that the undergrad dissertations essentially write themselves! As with Tarantino, not unfair to take issue with the fact that the film is in love with its own violence, but the violence burns truly in the mind years after viewing.

17. Luca's rating of the film Akira

18. La Boracherie's rating of the film Akira

19. Teresa Silva's rating of the film Akira

20. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Akira

21. Luiza Tavares's rating of the film Akira

22. Hannah Faris's rating of the film Akira

23. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Akira

An almost untouchable classic not only of anime, but also of sci-fi and cyberpunk. Get quite trippy at points but definitely worth the effort

24. André Rangel's rating of the film Akira