1. Onbestendig's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

3. aikeart's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

"Qué miserable vida la que viven algunos" ¡Durísima historia! Bellamente retratada.

4. DilayA's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Glenn Close delivers a good performance but the movie is very uninspiring.

5. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Not a good movie but has great performances (2.4/5)

6. J. O.'s rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Can not be taken seriously. That is, unless it's supposed to be a Bruce Jenner biopic? Was not even suitable as background noise while I worked. The biggest shame is that the ultra-talented Mia Wasikowska was not given more to work with.

7. lostlevel's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

I feel like Glenn Close may have made some of the cast look bad in comparison. I quite enjoyed it though it was saddening at points, Brendan Gleeson's last line really helped sell me on the film in the end.

8. spiderliliez's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Glenn Close and her jaw-dropping performance! She simply secures this film for everyone's watchlist. Learning how she co-wrote the story is even more amazing. She seem to know well how to bring this character to life. Such stunning performances by Janet McTeer and Mia Wasikowska. It certainly was a very uneasy era being a woman, and Glenn Close made sure you understood that. Thumbs up!

9. msmichel's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

What could have been an interesting take on gender and politics winds up a toothless affair with a showy performance by Close. For a better take on this kind of subject look up Maggie Greenwalds' 'The Ballad of Little Jo" which really had something to say. The blandness of 'Nobbs' sinks the picture especially its mostly lifeless cast save Janet McTeer who owns every scene she's in. Garcia continues to underwelm.

10. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

I didn't enjoy this as much as I expected to. Close is very good though. While I enjoyed looking at Aaron Johnson's body, for the first time I didn't enjoy one of his characters. He was an ass hole with bad teeth. But he's not the whole film. There's still a lot to enjoy here, but ultimately *SPOILER ALERT* the tragic ending fell flat with me. Still when I think back, there's some nice stuff in the earlier scenes.

11. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Glenn Close could play a man (not a disguised one) and still be believing, she is incredible as Nobbs. Unfortunately the movie itself keeps a very flat tone all along.

12. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

There is definitely a charm about the similarity in tone to Downton Abbey, but Albert Nobbs holds its own in many varied ways. First off, Glenn Close's performance is nothing short of stunning, showing an actress that has made a name for herself and is not afraid to take on roles that are questionably controversial. This is also a beautiful story of unrequited love and the many ways that we can love one another.

13. mpho3's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

I ended up enjoying its Downton Abby-ness. I agree with the New Yorker's David Edelstein: it's about "finding somewhere safe in a society that treats all poor people badly but poor women worse." He notes great performances, calling Close's Nobbs "the personification of fear—the fear of being seen through, seen for what she is," but at 64, her Nobbs is unfortunately "a hunched, wizened thing." 3.5 stars

14. M****'s rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Sadly a bit boring. Too many characters in the foreground.

15. Silvia Ciocca's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

brava la Close, benissimo i costumi peccato la povertà di sviluppo della sceneggiatura..

16. Luisa Betancourt's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Interesting story of the issue of gender.

17. Ally's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

I love films that push societal gender limits, and although this film is great in some respects, it fails quite miserably in others. I think it's an unsaid fact that Glenn Close is perfect in everything she does, and she definitely did the role of Albert Nobbs justice, but the rest of the cast was extremely sloppy in comparison – especially Mia Wasikowska.

18. Nutter Jr's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

An otherwise indifferent film is made memorable with yet another career defining performance by Glenn Close.

19. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

What might have been an interesting treatise on sapphic gender politics is reduced to a static little drama that drowns in its own timidity, not helped by everyone trying so hard in their 'sunday best'. The central conceit dosen't work on film and the required suspension of disbelief doesn't pay off in any fruitful way with the political, social and sexual mores barely hinted at. Read the novella.

20. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Albert Nobbs es interesante desde una perspectiva de los temas de género, sobre la transexualidad y la definición de la identidad. http://bit.ly/Rm3sn5

21. javo love's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

22. João Daniel Oliveira's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

23. Natália Daumas's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Ótimo! Daqueles filmes que te deixa incomodado a ponto de querer entrar na história e ajudar a protagonista.

24. Steve's rating of the film Albert Nobbs

Actually quite terrible. The girl naming her son Albert near the end of this film was the nail in the coffin for me. Cheezy