1. Mert Kaya's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

2. ermete polpette's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

5. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

I would collect merchandising of this film (especially replicas of the helmets), and I love the before-the-batlle shots, musically composed.

6. Kortirion's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

DEUS VULT. Great propaganda draws on the strength of its target people, rather than denying those of its enemies.

7. SiIencio's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

Excellent cinematography, arguably the single feature that elevates this film. The battle scene is superb given the limitations of the time. The myriad of peasants and knights are delicately characterised and choreographed to give a very realistic feeling to the story. The film also strikes a cord for its accute insight into a perilous era, prelude of one of saddest episodes in XX century Russian history.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

What is up with those Germans? It's like they're the apotheosis of evil. Man! This is an incredible collaboration between masters of music and cinema. Is it ironic that Walt Disney, who inspired Eisenstein, was such an Anti-Semite? Weird!

9. Hammer.K's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

Chouette musique de prokofiev composé pour le film, ce dernier est une grosse propagande pro-russe contre les allemands.

10. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

I didn't like this one as much as the Ivan the Terrible movies and of course Eisenstein's better known works. It is a little monotone. Things to pay attention too are the meticulous detail that has gone into the Teutonic faction. Their look and how they're set up on the set are both very well done.

11. João Valadão's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

This film should first be evaluated for its cinematography. Its clear that patriotic and communist values dominate the screenplay, but I think that neither that nor the politic analogy to the relation between Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union undermines the greatness of this production. Besides, Prokofiev amazing soundtrack and the richness of the wardrobe gives an iconic mark to this film.

12. Armin Graus's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

Ein stalinistisches Propaganda-Machwerk übelster Natur!

13. Cosi's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

dem knights were like sooooo kewl/hawt, totally d and d

14. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

My feelings for Alexandr Nevskiy are similar to those I have for a particular ex-girlfriend... No, I'm not on drugs!!

15. pablo preciado's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

One word: Genius! Huge fan of Eisenstein, I think he has everything required to make the propagandistic films he wanted, or any other topic. Amazing!

16. Lthm2's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

'Celui qui viendra avec un glaive périra par le glaive' Funny quote. Despite the film's old age, I can see why this has been influential, maybe for Kurosawa or other directors. The battle is expressionnist but seems like an edge above the rest for the time.

17. msmichel's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

Essential cinema. Rousing, jaw dropping masterpiece from director Eisenstein that not only utilizes his key characters but well manipulates his cast of thousands in capturing incredible images. The film certainly doesn't hide its' propagandist elements but revels in them. The battle footage captured was unparalled at the time. Beautiful cinematography by Eduard Tisse well planned and designed by Eisenstein.

18. Cineastic's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

A beautiful and ambitious historical epic that proves Eisenstein is not just relegated to silent relics. It still manages to be striking and intense, especially with its battle sequences. This is greatly complemented by the beautiful cinematography of the Russian steppes.

19. Sunrise's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

Eisenstein's graphic conflict is so strong when there is no reliance upon internal conflict, although with the removal of political, symbolic and physical conflicts the drama clearly needs the push of a storyteller (rather than an essayist). Incredible moments of dramatic jolt in which backgrounded and large compositional elements ("Church," mountains) clash with variously challenging concepts of the Russian people!

20. Michael Convery's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

The emotional and technical power of the film outshines the littered scenes of propaganda and insulting childishness, which, hopefully, might be irony on the part of Eisenstein. For me, though, the Teutonic knights dominate the film, even as they lay silent on the ice.

21. Howard Orr's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

A curious pantomime of a film, as phoney and kitsch as any Disney film, yet with Eisenstein's primal power to impress, thanks to his grounding in the brutal visual simplicty of silent cinema. To think that once I thought this was better than his "Ivan The Terrible"...

22. arthurrimbaud's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

Since I am historian, I can not evaluate this film. it is completely falsification of facts, totally product of propoganda. nevertheless, on the cinematographical level it is grate, but not as good as potjomkin, of course.

23. Allan's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky

It looked incredibly ugly, it's music was rubbish, it's dialogue was absurd, it's acting ridiculous, it's battle scenes seemed amateurish with no scale, the pacing and narrative seemed slapdash - just an utter mess. On top of that it was hyper-nationalistic, sexist and lacked any depth whatsoever (the explicit Hitler allegory hold no depth) , for example the rousing of the peasants had no intelligence whatsoever.

24. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Alexander Nevsky