1. Sin título.'s rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

Un documental sobre los sentimientos de apropiación de lo ajeno y las historias románticas que desatan, siempre empapados por la identificación ideológica que nunca escatima en fervor y locura por una causa, revolucionaria y amorosa en este caso.

2. A Mean Lad's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

Wonderful film. Beautifully made. It gives hope to the struggles of an Individual within the struggles of a Collective. I did not know of East Timor's struggle in face of violence unleashed by Indonesia, but now I know and understand.

3. mpho3's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

"We never saw the film as being about a Western woman coming to save the Timorese – we wanted this film to be about different people coming together, united by a common purpose and motivated by moral conscience. If anything, this is a film about how ordinary people have the power to change the world and that message has power." - Alex Meillier, Nofilmschool.com

4. Alicia Lissidini's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

5. Simona's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

I am glad I didn't skip the movie. I thought it would be yet another academic documentary by some obscure journalist in search of fame after having failed by other means, but in fact it is a brilliant overview of the events that led to the independence of East Timor. And, for those who like me are allergic to love scenes, the love story is just one piece of the puzzle, really it's not a "romantic documentary".

6. msmichel's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

Fine document of Timor freeing itself from Indonesia rule framed around a love story of an activist and a political prisoner instrumental in the end result. Gusmao, a longtime symbol of resistance, even when incarcerated was able to help lead his people to their eventual independence. Not a very revealing document that certainly skims the surface getting bogged down by the personal vs political.

7. Alexine Chanel's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

I really loved the play between the personal and the collective story, it was very emotional on all levels, it really touched me, and inspired me, gave me hope!

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

A really fascinating woman and also a fascinating story - but the movie is highly problematic and a very poor example regarding the documentary genre: Some passages are designed like political propaganda material, and the use of sound and vacuous music is hardly bearable because often it's not necessary, neither for the narration nor for the mood.

9. magela's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

10. Ethan's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution

An inspiring story of revolution and love that ends with triumph and inspires hope.

11. noel123's rating of the film Alias Ruby Blade: A Story of Love and Revolution