1. Matthew Jenner's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

Many have said they don't like or understand the ending. It was my favourite part of this movie, because it meant it was over. Dull beyond belief, with false chills and really bad performances. The story was half-baked and the film itself just didn't serve to be all that interesting in the end. It is creepy, but so is my neighbor, and I don't necessarily want to spend time with him. Better than this though. Peh.

2. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

I wonder if John Carpenter saw this before making Halloween. The similarities are striking: a disturbed child who wears an unsettling mask and carries a long, sharp knife, not to mention a morbid relationship with her sister...

3. Pango's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

Cela se regarde sans déplaisir ..... www.cinefiches.com

5. The Macho King's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

Very underrated horror film. Would make a great double feature with Don't Look Now or Deep Red.

6. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

Nice low budget horror flick, but not more than that.

7. João R's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

Although I found out the killer's identity very early on, I wouldn't have mind if the motive behind ít was more interesting. It didn't fully connect with me, but, even so, I liked it for the most part.

8. Diego Ruscitto's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

9. Pedderrs's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

If you can look past the stilted performances and questionable dialogue, which are kind of inevitable given the budgetary restrictions, then you may be pleasantly surprised by Alice, Sweet Alice. There's plenty of fresh ideas at play here backed up by an effective score and a strong central performance by Paula Sheppard that belies her young years. A better DVD release would do the cinematography some justice too.

10. Owen Davis's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

Highly underrated in the Horror genre; stylish, atmospheric, funny, campy, suspenseful, memorable, and at times downright eerie. Even though this one is low-budget, it definitely not only stuck with me but also creeped me the hell out as a kid.

11. pattiocleavis's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

12. Ti Makeba Füncke's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

much expectations, lot of deception

13. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

No good mom, no good auntie, no good daughter, no good sister, no good dad, no good cop, no good priest & no good church for a no good slasher. And a pretty unsane anticlerical pamphlet. Reference to PSYCHO (at 1h 26min 36sec). The 2 stars go to naughty Brooke SHIELDS and fatso Alphonso DE NOBLE.

14. mikong's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

to alice: this crazy fucking little bitch to mrs. tredoni: this crazy fucking bitch back to alice: this crazy fucking little bitch

15. Richard!'s rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

Gains suspense midway only to slowly drop towards the end. There is some perverse shit going down here as well as some argento-bavaesque shots. Giallo-fans will surely find something to enjoy in this movie. However, the high rating has more to do with mubi finally breaking the monotony of varda-reruns and whatever they can scrape together from the festival cycle.

16. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

first half of this film was good, but I cant say same things for rest of it.

17. Timmy93's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

This movie was hilarious. I cracked up and got scared at the same time. Hysterical acting. The aunt was my favourite, she nailed all her scenes.

18. Dogville59's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

Loved it: Religion as the monster and kind of like a Mario Bava movie.

19. reijagrrl's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

this isn't a great movie. but it's creepy and gross and greasy and awkward. so: kinda perfect. like glittering garbage. just don't worry about it. enjoy the hysterical mother, the henpecked aunt, the pervy fatso and the shuffling yellow slicker with the waxy red smile. you deserve a break.

20. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

A surprisingly strong movie, in some parts reminiscent of Mario Bava and early Dario Argento, but also with traces of Alfred Hitchcock (with a citation from "Psycho").

21. kartina obskura's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

2,5// the mubi plot is wrong actually. the younger (murdered) girl is played by brooke shields. the older is paula e. sheppard

22. Xiu's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

23. Fantods's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

24. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Alice, Sweet Alice

One of the best unsung horror films of the 70's. Taking the well-worn organized religion context to an unnerving extreme, it makes faith-based beliefs the motivator for the evil deeds and omnipresent judge of its characters. Subversive in its religious-attack literacy, effectively morbid, and taboo breaking, only the sometimes overplayed drama hurts it minimally. Ace, especially for the often-wretched slasher genre.