1. saitosouta's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

This movie is definitely a deadly assalt on couple-normative society (in the occident?). Heterosexial couple is killed brutally, homosexial couple is also killed brutally, interracial couple is of course killed brutally, whoever has a partner is killed and new creatures thrive on their bodies. Originally slasher movie has an element like that but this sublimely grotesque myth for 21st century is at its peak, Hooray!

2. Professional Voyeur's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

The same old story but worse, please Rid stop it!

3. letters never sent's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

4. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

5. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

In which the DNA of several movies—a literal sequel to Prometheus, a spiritual sequel to Blade Runner, a Planet of Dr. Moreau, a run-and-gun splatter-fest—mix into a half-formed mutant that bursts from Ridley Scott's chest. It trips on its own mythology, which is a pity, because ALIEN needs no explanation: it was always most potent a long cold stare into the unknown. But I'll watch hard sci-fi with nice sets any day.

6. Ricardo Nascimento's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

7. enchi's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

Even my beloved one couldn't save this film. I be always remember her nose and soft breathe on my neck and cheek... Who am i kidding? My last relationships was one big disappointment like this film is. Pain.

8. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

9. Justin Frujine's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

2.5/5 Like a free trial of the original Alien

10. Heather Andersen Ower's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

11. james@lazyatom.com's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

The problem with an franchise universe like Alien's is that it demands more and more quiet exploration to flesh out details, and less and less well-worn schlocky horror action. Perhaps what the Alien universe needs is fewer direct sequel/prequels, but instead its own version of the Animatrix; subtle explorations of the questions the films have raised, without the flashy but superficial action sequences.

12. mattywuh's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

13. glhrmefc's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

14. Varun Saini's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

15. conchobar's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

16. Vera Sophia's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

17. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

I only remember two characters and they were both Michael Fassbender.

18. Jérôme's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

I was high so it was not as bad as I excepted

19. K.S.'s rating of the film Alien: Covenant

20. anarresti's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

Prometheus (for me) is a lot more interesting than any film of the Alien franchise. And this, at least, picks up (a little) from Prometheus. That's why it earned the 3rd start. It's not just one more thriller with same formula, aliens get inside crew members, get outside, survivors in mayhem try to escape aliens. Still, it would be great, if this gave us a more in depth back story for the "engineers", for instance.

21. haugenlars@hotmail.com's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

22. Achromia's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

3.5. Super entertaining, hauntingly beautiful and masterfully scored. The predictability of the plot is an issue but worse than that is the fact that some of the questions Prometheus posed were left unanswered and the others that were addressed were lazy excuses at that. The half-assed resolutions together with the lack of character development hurt what could have been a perfect resurrection to the franchise.

23. daniel v's rating of the film Alien: Covenant

Extra star just for the interactions between Walter and David, otherwise a generic film that erodes much of the mystery and former glory of the Alien franchise. As David Lynch put it best "some mysteries are sacred", enough with the Midichlorians.

24. vordven's rating of the film Alien: Covenant