1. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Alien

Outer space will ruin your life so don't fucking go there.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Alien

Could easily be the best of all spaceship bound science fiction out there - at least every single frame of it is memorable. It is full of sequences that are impossible to forget and not a single beat of it is wrong. Incredible imagery and sets courtesy of crazed Swiss artist H.R. Giger. So influential that almost all monster films has recycled it to death since.

3. ZiggySan's rating of the film Alien

It's a bit cheesy, but it's fun.

4. subtonal's rating of the film Alien

5. Anthony On Off's rating of the film Alien

So real... i miss so much movies from this era called 80's

6. F/K's rating of the film Alien

Simple and fast paced, but focused and tight. A Slasher film set in space

7. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Alien

I love the clinical chaos. The white walls of our ship are blood splattered but silent.

8. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film Alien

Scott proves that this movie is more than a classic 80's horror. I love his use of lights, it goes along with the tension he is delivering and his cinematography and music use helps to keep that feeling throughout the movie. And the gore, i loved ittttt

9. Heather Andersen Ower's rating of the film Alien

10. spasmolytic's rating of the film Alien

Could have been more brutal. This one is is buried deep in collective unconscious. Several times there were incidents that I thought I had originally thought of, but really they were in Alien the whole time.

11. Daniel's rating of the film Alien

12. vvnelson's rating of the film Alien

13. Addy K.'s rating of the film Alien

The ALIEN space crew hasn't always been the sharpest tools in the shed. So if you thought the PROMETHEUS or COVENANT crew were idiots— sticking their hands or heads in all the wrong places—well, there was precedent. Beloved and heralded as a classic, ALIEN was never perfect. But seeing the alpha organism (sexy, black, "perfect") following its primordial nature, without delusions of morality, will always be something.

14. misha monsivais's rating of the film Alien

"but why was he sweating milk tho" - me to my gf

15. McOpinionated's rating of the film Alien

as perfect as the creature.

16. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Alien

17. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Alien

18. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Alien

Rewatched for the first time in about 15 years. Still works, in part because it never bores you with exposition, origin stories, etc...the beast is absolute, elemental...everything is implied and happens in the shadows. Delivers genuine suspense in the latter half.

19. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film Alien

Um clássico intemporal da ficção científica onde o medo é explorado de forma revolucionária, ainda por cima na altura em questão.

20. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Alien

21. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Alien

Still a masterpiece after all these years! Must watch for any film fan.

22. Aukse's rating of the film Alien

23. Natalia Kulewskaya's rating of the film Alien

24. patríciapinho's rating of the film Alien

my main concern throughout the third act, and most of the film actually, was whether the cat would survive. HE DID so that was the real happy ending