1. Nick's rating of the film Alien

"In space no one can hear you scream." That's probably because no one's screaming. Right from the opening credits it's a bore. The sets are barely lit so you can't see anything, the characters are so interchangable you practically don't notice who gets killed off, and the editing has nothing even resembling rhythm. A typically lifeless Ridley Scott misfire.

2. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Alien

I love the clinical chaos. The white walls of our ship are blood splattered but silent.

3. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film Alien

Scott proves that this movie is more than a classic 80's horror. I love his use of lights, it goes along with the tension he is delivering and his cinematography and music use helps to keep that feeling throughout the movie. And the gore, i loved ittttt

4. Heather Andersen Ower's rating of the film Alien

5. spasmolytic's rating of the film Alien

Could have been more brutal. This one is is buried deep in collective unconscious. Several times there were incidents that I thought I had originally thought of, but really they were in Alien the whole time.

6. Daniel's rating of the film Alien

7. vvnelson's rating of the film Alien

8. Addy K.'s rating of the film Alien

The ALIEN space crew hasn't always been the sharpest tools in the shed. So if you thought the PROMETHEUS or COVENANT crew were idiots— sticking their hands or heads in all the wrong places—well, there was precedent. Beloved and heralded as a classic, ALIEN was never perfect. But seeing the alpha organism (sexy, black, "perfect") following its primordial nature, without delusions of morality, will always be something.

9. misha monsivais's rating of the film Alien

"but why was he sweating milk tho" - me to my gf

10. McOpinionated's rating of the film Alien

as perfect as the creature.

11. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Alien

12. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Alien

13. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Alien

Rewatched for the first time in about 15 years. Still works, in part because it never bores you with exposition, origin stories, etc...the beast is absolute, elemental...everything is implied and happens in the shadows. Delivers genuine suspense in the latter half.

14. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film Alien

Um clássico intemporal da ficção científica onde o medo é explorado de forma revolucionária, ainda por cima na altura em questão.

15. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Alien

16. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Alien

Still a masterpiece after all these years! Must watch for any film fan.

17. Aukse's rating of the film Alien

18. Natalia Kulewskaya's rating of the film Alien

19. patríciapinho's rating of the film Alien

my main concern throughout the third act, and most of the film actually, was whether the cat would survive. HE DID so that was the real happy ending

20. Maïa V.'s rating of the film Alien

Huit clos cosmique entre humains et bête gluante. Décors captivants intérieur du vaisseau. Ellen Ripley, brave héroïne. Des choses surgissent et nous mettent en état d'instabilité extrême. Travail du son décalé lors des attaques.

21. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Alien

A superbly austere variation on 'it's behind you' with masterful control of timing, space and atmosphere. It's also infinitely superior to the efficiently mechanical sequel.

22. MistaRichard's rating of the film Alien

Stunning piece of film that serves as a lesson on how to build atmosphere through sound design and sheer darkness. They say that time is the greatest test, and "Alien" passes it with flying colours.

23. Cinemabust's rating of the film Alien

Loved the fuck out of this film

24. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Alien