1. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Alien

We blame this one for that "Save the Cat" book for screenwriting hacks, right?

2. Lance L O T's rating of the film Alien

I didn't watch when I was younger, since I believe I was afraid... There was some reason for it, specially for the things that are not there, and the darkness that looms, still the cat was scarier.It's a lovely different from the others and a little over the place at times, I mean too many loose ends for things to go south. Spaceships are like submarines and the real enemy is the outside, the entrapment.

3. Chris's rating of the film Alien

*goes through a ton of trouble to save a cat and then just throws the cage around like its empty*

4. James Mackin's rating of the film Alien

The best sci-fi/horror film ever made.

5. SiIencio's rating of the film Alien

A masterclass in suspense and a beauty in design. The futuristic aesthetics remain fresh and claustrophobic as the first day. Ridley Scott sends shivers down the spine with the horror and methodical devastation along the corridors of the Nostromo. But what might elevate this film onto the Olympus of cinema is Sigourney Weaver's final solo against the alien, a danse macabre charged with sexuality and primal fear.

6. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Alien

After playing Alien: Isolation in 2014 it says a lot how much of an impact the original Alien film had. It's basically the 'default' science fiction horror film straight from the imagination of H.R. Giger himself. Watching this on BluRay I'm amazed on the amount of detail that is in this film. 'Making of Documentry' is also a must watch. John Hurt's chest burster scene is still the most memorable. Classic!

7. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Alien

My expectations were not entirely fulfilled. I was hoping for a little more thrill and disgust, instead I got shivers for a creepy android and overwhelmed by Nostromo's aesthetics. Sigourney Weaver surely doesn't know how to handle cat boxes.

8. Yayo's rating of the film Alien

9. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Alien

i gotta minus a point for the *secret twist*

10. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Alien

The first film I ever rented from a video store (remember those)? It still looks beautiful today.

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film Alien

12. Achromia's rating of the film Alien

13. Trunfos's rating of the film Alien

14. ñiñiñi's rating of the film Alien

15. Theories Of Anxiety's rating of the film Alien

16. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film Alien

It should be studied in film class as a prime example of how to integrate design and story. Its emotional impact and meaning (substance) are so integrated with its unique aesthetic configuration (style) that one cannot really separate the two when analyzing it. The "science" aspect may or may not be bollocks, but it is presented in such a textured, believable way that is uncanny.

17. ionosonde's rating of the film Alien

wonderful set design, really cool plot, and some genuinely spooky moments. i like it!

18. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Alien

19. CutTheBlueWire's rating of the film Alien

A masterpiece in design and suspense, Alien still holds up remarkably well, and I think that is in large part due to the overtly sexual nature of its monster.

20. yasdnil's rating of the film Alien

Idk, I have this thing where I watch really popular movies far too late in my 23 years. The hype builds up just a bit too much.

21. Janae's rating of the film Alien

22. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Alien

What is a good movie? (1) You do not forget it (2) You want to watch it again (3) You want to know more about it (4) You want others to like it. Yes, that's it.

23. taniaburrito's rating of the film Alien

24. Kyle Knapp's rating of the film Alien

God, Ridley Scott used to be cool. The front-runner, in my mind, for both best horror AND best sci-fi film ever. Has its flaws and clichés, but they're totally overcome by the flawless direction, design, and ensemble acting. The alien might be the best monster ever designed for a film, and the use of color, light, and space contribute perhaps more than anything else to just how damn scary Alien actually is.