1. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Alive in Joburg

2. anarresti's rating of the film Alive in Joburg

This had to turn into a feature. There was something new here. A meeting of ingredients that had never been put together in this exact way. A quality and a sense of direction. At the same time, a seriousness in the chosing of the theme and a diasarming, wonderful irony. Blomkamo adds to what cinema already is. He has something to say, something to show. Hope he will do much more and better than Elysium. (a bump?)

3. Tony Zhou's rating of the film Alive in Joburg

Call me odd man out. This honestly isn't a short film: it's just a tech demo with an intriguing premise. If you seek narrative or emotional connection, you won't find it here but rather in District 9, which is a proper film.

4. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Alive in Joburg

Those 6 mins took my breath away...Ow..& district 9 wasn't so bad either.. Amazing work!

5. Glemaud's rating of the film Alive in Joburg

This was the only reason why I even bothered with District 9, and while the feature was a let down, the short remains one of the most interesting shorts I've seen. While, hyperbolic and general statements like I'm about to make general annoy me, it holds true in this situation: leave it to Hollywood to screw up a brilliant plot and film opportunity.

6. Issey Miyaki's rating of the film Alive in Joburg

i just watched it, makes District 9 look like shit!

7. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film Alive in Joburg

Agree with Diimitris. They should stick to this one, and don't make it into full feature length film. This is pure genius, unlike that totally crap District 9