1. Carolina Frade's rating of the film All About My Mother

2. Ghostman's rating of the film All About My Mother

A great film that touches upon motherhood, sexuality (of all kinds), acting, and the abandonment and abuse of women by men. The first film I've seen by Pedro Almodovar and he's clearly a great filmmaker. I dug his influences (Sirk, Tennessee Williams, Bunuel, etc.) and his progressive & feminist point of view. A very emotional and powerful experience.

3. ASINED's rating of the film All About My Mother

4. Miguel Plante's rating of the film All About My Mother

Drôle, touchant, Almodovar explore en profondeur la relation entre une mère et son enfant, sous toutes ses formes; fils perdu, mère absente, mère retrouvée, fausse parenté, grossesse physique ou spirituelle... Tout y passe, dans un scénario intelligent, rafraîchissant, tenu par d'excellentes actrices.

5. Sara Lucas's rating of the film All About My Mother

6. Leif Erikson's rating of the film All About My Mother

How could I own a real Chanel when there is so much poverty in the world?

7. Richmond Hill's rating of the film All About My Mother

Almodovar has a rare ability to draw the most unlikely of strands together into a convincing whole. Like tectonic plates that should grate alarmingly, his synthesises of improbabilities, vulgarities and allusions work - not because of garish melodramatics (although they're frequently a treat) but that they're shot through - as here - with a very humane feeling for affinity and love. An earthy triumph.

8. carlajrzg's rating of the film All About My Mother

9. Shahin Katila's rating of the film All About My Mother

10. ryan brennan's rating of the film All About My Mother

This story, these themes (sexuality, transgender, identity, etc.) and these characters, bring to life something worthwhile - even if Almodovar’s ideas aren’t fully realized on screen. The scenes that work are in and around the stage - this is where the weave of fiction and reality blend the most – creating the surreal both in character and story but emboldened by the lighting and scene design

11. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film All About My Mother

Almodovar’s melodramas succeed because of their emotional honesty. They are the highest form of Spanish soap operas. Improbable, over the top things happen, but because of the commitment to the characters, story, and style, it works on the feelings without being corny or sappy. Maybe it’s because Almodovar is touching on real humanities.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film All About My Mother

Oeuvre magnifique avec une pléiade d'actrices dont l'interprétation frise la perfection et la jubilation. En prime une partition musicale intense et délicate... www.cinefiches.com

13. Sara Sousa's rating of the film All About My Mother

Complex, heartbreaking, funny. Beautiful compositions. Also, terrific performances by Cecilia Roth and Marisa Paredes.

14. Skinnedteen's rating of the film All About My Mother

What I love about Almodovar films is it's unpredictability. You just float to wherever the plot takes you and trust that he delivers every single time! His formula: Strong female leads, great acting, complex plot and colourful cinematography that keeps you indulged from start to finish.

15. Freakyfilm's rating of the film All About My Mother

16. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film All About My Mother

Tied with "Women on the Verge" for most iconic Almodóvar film.

17. anacecil's rating of the film All About My Mother

Excelente !!! Todo una trama sicológica y disfuncional de los amores maternos, como todos lso temas de Almodovar. Una actuación muy buena !!

18. AdrianM.'s rating of the film All About My Mother

Almodovar's cinema is pretty, colorful, even entertaining, but if you look beyond all of this, most of the times is just soap-opera

19. uenus's rating of the film All About My Mother

mal plan ver esto para año nuevo

20. Beril's rating of the film All About My Mother

"Well, as I was saying, it costs a lot to be authentic, ma'am. And one can't be stingy with these things because you are more authentic the more you resemble what you've dreamed of being."

21. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film All About My Mother

22. Daniel S.'s rating of the film All About My Mother

23. Duncan Gray's rating of the film All About My Mother

Almodovar's love letter to the various sides of womanhood. What struck me, seeing this film in a packed house at the Metrograph, is how the heroines dabble in different societal roles for women—nurse, mother, whore, nun, diva—but are still defined by their individuality, bonding in a microcosm where men are scarcely present. The other coup is the balance of tones; mixing comedy with an HIV diagnosis takes skill.

24. Francisco Secci's rating of the film All About My Mother