1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film All I Desire

While the film is hampered with an ending that feels too "easy" and a family husband who seems almost lost in nostalgic love for a woman that left him there is no question that even the most flawed script can be made into gold by the excellent direction of Douglas Sirk. The acting helps out too.

2. Epinephrin's rating of the film All I Desire

The Wyman-Hudson films are better. This one, well...too unrealistic

3. George Bradley's rating of the film All I Desire

4. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film All I Desire

the conversation between Naomi + Ted was so heartbreaking !!

5. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film All I Desire

Stanwyck is charisma manifest. You believe everyone when they talk about how wonderful she is. She is! The story is fine, if forgettable. But the performances and cinematography are excellent. Very excited to continue my journey with Douglas Sirk into the (sometimes grueling) caverns of Hollywood melodrama.

6. Frode Kinserdal's rating of the film All I Desire

Herlig film. Dramatisk musikk, svart-hvitt, oppsatt hår og en fint komponert historie.

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film All I Desire

A typically overwrought melodrama from director Douglas Sirk, I cannot help but love his wonderful dramas. Probably deemed to be one of his lesser works, I loved it nonetheless. Barbara Stanwyck is as wonderful as ever in the lead role.

8. jacqueslefataliste's rating of the film All I Desire

Un mélo classique, mais efficace et assez touchant.

9. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film All I Desire

10. RoRoRoro's rating of the film All I Desire

11. Bilouaustria's rating of the film All I Desire

It is clearly not the best script you will find, hardly believable and too predictable but Sirk can easily transform such material into a very nice film thanks to his great codified directing. In Sirk you always have to observe carefully what the images tell you, the stairs, the mirrors are everywhere, but also how a scene is framed. That is what you call "classic Hollywood" and Stanwick shines all the way.

12. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film All I Desire

Amazing stuff. 'I've bruises on my illusions'. 'Some people grow old. Others just grow up'. Simultaneously a load of old hokum and a really engaging drama.

13. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film All I Desire

Well directed, with a note of soap-opera.

14. Rubs troll's rating of the film All I Desire

You need to be fit to do the Bunny Hug, people nowadays are too lazy for that.

15. Through A Glass, Darkly's rating of the film All I Desire

Not usually one for melodrama, but this is superbly crafted Classic Hollywood entertainment. Will check out more from Sirk

16. azoulay's rating of the film All I Desire

Barbara Stanwyck porte ce film avec brio, une presence et une vibration que seules les grandes actrices savent produire. Elle est aidée par la remarquable mise en scène de Douglas Sirk. Le film pourrait être banal, l'histoire prévisible, le sens anecdotique et pourtant non il ne laisse rien au hasard ou à l'à peu près, comme les personnages nous collons au scénario, et le miracle se produit, on est pris.. .

17. 'king Harold's rating of the film All I Desire

Incredibly, Sirk based this story on me, despite my not even having been born yet, except with the roles of husband and wife reversed. Fabulous gowns and tea sets notwithstanding the small town gossip is a man in a desperate attempt to avoid gender bias - so ahead of its time! I want a jumper with a big R on it. This film upsets people that would choose fame over family and cried like a cloud.

18. Dada Kubin's rating of the film All I Desire

Part 1 in my Mubi Experiment of watching each film of the day for one week. What do I get: a 1950s Hollywood movie that’s about as subtle as Donald Duck. “All I desire” is melodrama to the max, a classic exemplum about the importance of family life, and all the characters and plot turns are written for that purpose. Kind of terrible, but you still have to appreciate the methodicalness and craftmanship of it.

19. le Gars's rating of the film All I Desire

20. SpacePirate's rating of the film All I Desire

Middle of the road Sirk soaper saved somewhat by the usual solid Stanwyck and Carlson, in a fine non sci-fi role for him. Supposed to be a period piece, but other than the costumes, this is pure 50s Hollywood on display. So in that regard, it suffers some. Script is also a bit ho hum as well. Stanwyck and co lifts it above mediocrity. 3 stars

21. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film All I Desire

3.5 stars. Stanwyck elevated the material through her depth and simplicity. Sirk obviously knew this since he gave her opportunities to demonstrate her artistry.

22. FISCHER's rating of the film All I Desire

Durant la première demi-heure, l'histoire semble cohérente, mais elle sombre peu à peu dans le mélodrame invraisemblable et parfaitement inutile qui gâche un bon jeu d'acteurs et une caméra fort habile. Tout de même une déception notoire dans l'intéressante filmographie de Douglas Sirk... www.cinefiches.com

23. matelot's rating of the film All I Desire

24. msmichel's rating of the film All I Desire

Creaky soap opera from Douglas Sirk almost saved by the performances of Barbara Stanwyck and Richard Carlson...almost. Fifties style melodrama set circa 1910 that finds a vaudevillian performer come back to the husband and children she abandoned ten years previously to find stardom only to be pursued by the man that caused her to leave before.