1. SpacePirate's rating of the film All I Desire

Middle of the road Sirk soaper saved somewhat by the usual solid Stanwyck and Carlson, in a fine non sci-fi role for him. Supposed to be a period piece, but other than the costumes, this is pure 50s Hollywood on display. So in that regard, it suffers some. Script is also a bit ho hum as well. Stanwyck and co lifts it above mediocrity. 3 stars

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film All I Desire

3.5 stars. Stanwyck elevated the material through her depth and simplicity. Sirk obviously knew this since he gave her opportunities to demonstrate her artistry.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film All I Desire

Durant la première demi-heure, l'histoire semble cohérente, mais elle sombre peu à peu dans le mélodrame invraisemblable et parfaitement inutile qui gâche un bon jeu d'acteurs et une caméra fort habile. Tout de même une déception notoire dans l'intéressante filmographie de Douglas Sirk... www.cinefiches.com

4. matelot's rating of the film All I Desire

5. msmichel's rating of the film All I Desire

Creaky soap opera from Douglas Sirk almost saved by the performances of Barbara Stanwyck and Richard Carlson...almost. Fifties style melodrama set circa 1910 that finds a vaudevillian performer come back to the husband and children she abandoned ten years previously to find stardom only to be pursued by the man that caused her to leave before.

6. Trevor's rating of the film All I Desire

It's a shame Stanwyck and Sirk didn't work together more, as she presents two of the greatest Sirkian heroines in this and "There's Always Tomorrow." Her intelligence and emotional acuity fit Sirk's worlds of disillusion and entrapment like a glove.

7. Conquest of Gaul's rating of the film All I Desire