1. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film All Is By My Side

2. DisRegarding Henry's rating of the film All Is By My Side

Strong performances, naturalistic dialogue, insightful writing and directing, and refreshingly experimental editing and sound design help this film avoid the pitfalls of most cliche-ridden musical biopics, Benjamin's characterization of Hendrix is complex and authentic, but unfortunately Ridley's frustratingly limited access to Hendrix's life and music rob it of authority. Felt like the first third of a great movie.

3. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film All Is By My Side

4. Ale/M's rating of the film All Is By My Side

5. cabrapreta's rating of the film All Is By My Side

** 1/2 mainly for the editing

6. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film All Is By My Side

i had to leave the house and come back to this film later , roses are red violets are blue jimi oh jimi jimi jim jaroo

7. El Biffo's rating of the film All Is By My Side

It's kind of hard for me to buy into a soap-opera style dramatization of Jimi, when the real footage of him is so much more...real. Although Andre Benjamin does a very good job of channeling Jimi, this film lacks cohesion and just wants to make me recommend A FILM ABOUT JIMI HENDRIX (1973),

8. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film All Is By My Side

One star for the film, and one star for Ms Poots who I adore. Imagine a TV movie about Jimi Hendrix without drama and without his music and you get this film! A total waste of time and an insult to a great musician.

9. mpho3's rating of the film All Is By My Side

"Removing Hendrix’s specific songs keeps the movie grounded in [the] relationships.... AIBMS knows the pitfalls of musician biopics that cram a lifetime into a formula, and it knows that musicians are more than just their hit songs. [But] it ... dissects Hendrix into such thin slices that it’s hard to see him at all." - J. Hassenger, AV Club. Decent acting but inaccurate & unlikable characterizations. 2.5 stars

10. msmichel's rating of the film All Is By My Side

Why in the world make a film about Jimi Hendrix when you have no rights to the musical legacy left behind? Despite the exceptional, and surprising, casting of Andre Benjamin as Hendrix and a pretty rich recreation of the period the film lands with a thud at every musical opportunity. Worse the scripting which plays revisionist history with a past well known to viewers. And worse of all the turn by Hayley Atwell.

11. Mauricio Mariano Jacoby Muniz's rating of the film All Is By My Side

12. MS1915's rating of the film All Is By My Side

What a mess...The editing was by far the worst and most distracting part of this film. Its effort to maybe "compliment" the subject matter was almost as incohesive as the unorganized screenplay and the sloppy camera work. By the end of the film I wasn't really sure why they even made it. I also see it hard to make a biopic about a musician when you don't even have the rights to use his music...

13. analeorne's rating of the film All Is By My Side

pros: concentrates on a period of Jimi's life instead of its whole, and editing is mad as fuck (in a good way). Andre Benjamin kinda rocks the role. cons: boring, inaccurate, and I don't remember Cathy (Jimi's girl) being so. fucking. annoying.

14. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film All Is By My Side

“All By my Side” never sets us on fire, probably because our hero, victim of sabotage, was inaccurately portrayed and relegated to a phase of his life, which doesn’t represent the best he gave us. (2.5 stars)

15. Scott Lucas's rating of the film All Is By My Side

The guy who plays Ginger Baker is uncanny, man.

16. Kamran's rating of the film All Is By My Side

67/100 ~ OKAY. The film ought to be seen by Hendrix’ fans, and is an appreciable means to understand the man himself; however, All Is By My Side has little for the non-Hendrix fan. http://nextprojection.com/2013/09/09/review-side-2013/