1. Thomas's rating of the film All Is Lost

Tense and engrossing. I'd expected this to be another 'Redford vanity vehicle', but was happy to be proved wrong by Chandor's masterful visual storytelling of a potentially difficult predicament to film entertainingly. An accomplished film from a very accomplished director.

2. Henry_Swanson's rating of the film All Is Lost

If I wanted to watch old guys struggle through a ruthless ordeal I'd watch coverage of the Trump Administration.

3. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film All Is Lost

Afflictive, minimalist and down-to-earth, punctuated by beautiful imagery. It stays true to its vision of logic and, just for that, it deserves all the praise.

4. Cinevangelist's rating of the film All Is Lost

A remarkable film and in many ways difficult to classify. In some ways reminiscent of isolation thrillers such as '127 Hours' and 'Open Water', but has a poetry and a poignancy that raises it at least to the level of Kevin MacDonald's 'Touching the Void'; though perhaps lacks the narrative immediacy of a masterpiece like Bresson's 'A Man Escaped' - even if it shares a similar spiritual resonance.

5. Terry_Moby's rating of the film All Is Lost

3.7 Well-off skipper Redford has plenty of stuff to fight the damage caused by globalization in form of a drifting container. No tiger on board, so there is no one to talk to. Redford carries the film effortlessly.

6. MistaRichard's rating of the film All Is Lost

It's like Gravity, but in the ocean and it's also better than Gravity.

7. Thomas Dods's rating of the film All Is Lost

Far more tense and entertaining then I expected given almost complete absence of dialogue. JC Chandor is a real talent who seems to be able to turn his hand to any genre or style.

8. lepetitjermey's rating of the film All Is Lost

i like how he seems perfectly chill no matter how bad things get

9. smndvdcl's rating of the film All Is Lost

Redford's performance brings a seasoned gravitas to a classic tale of a man lost at sea. Spellbinding cinema.

10. Zach Closs's rating of the film All Is Lost

11. cinegeek.de's rating of the film All Is Lost

... In Wahrheit erleben wir hier in der Abwesenheit von Sprache einen Bewusstseinsstrom wie in Ulysses! Mit solchen Meisterwerken soll All Is Lost auch verglichen werden, denn Regisseur JC Chandor und Robert Redford legen hier einen modernen Klassiker vor, ein wahres Opus Magnum! (Dazu haben wir für euch die gewaltigsten Survival Filme ausgesucht auf der Empfehlungs-Seite unserer Videothek cinegeek.de

12. Sebastian.'s rating of the film All Is Lost

13. Michael Peer's rating of the film All Is Lost

No need for exposition, explanation, or a denouement. All is Lost is about one man's struggle for survival. Robert Redford gives his best performance, possibly ever. You feel every beat of this film. There is a coldness to the narrative. It's so tight and focused that it will alienate those who wish for something more conventional in the way of backstory. Still, this is a riveting and enriching film worth seeking.

14. Mugino's rating of the film All Is Lost

Compelling, but often for the wrong reasons. Certain genres are cheats because they steal the inherent suspense and drama of the formula and masquerade it as the product of writing or direction. Of course we want the man to survive, but does that make a film great? "Into the Wild" ventured into a similar solitude and desperation with greater heartbreak and without copping out.

15. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film All Is Lost

Could do with a well placed 'fuck'.

16. Trunfos's rating of the film All Is Lost

17. Pedro C. Alencastro's rating of the film All Is Lost

18. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film All Is Lost

Why is he there? is he trying to scape from someone or something? We dont know, all that we feel is a bunch of feelings. Compassion, pain, sadness , tension....Great perform by Robert Redford.

19. Zac Weber's rating of the film All Is Lost

All is Lost is a failed experiment grasping for profundity. I respect what Chandor is attempting, but the accumulative effect is rather boring. If we are supposed to appreciate the film as a character study, I would have been more interested watching a lesser-known actor.

20. Sophia Park's rating of the film All Is Lost

the trick of the film is how sound alone guides the experience.

21. -VAHID-'s rating of the film All Is Lost

Very well made,but i don't like the ending

22. Ale/M's rating of the film All Is Lost

23. Comadozer's rating of the film All Is Lost

On being. On point. On song. The dread, the loss, and the dots of ultimate peace that keep us wanting to keep alive.

24. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film All Is Lost

Redford è un attore magnifico e perfettamente in grado di raccontarti tutto quello che prova durante il film senza mai aprire bocca. Vincente l'idea di mantenere tutto nel silenzio, e con pochissima musica. A parlare è solo il mare e la bellezza delle immagini, meravigliose e spaventose. Ci sono scene straordinarie, come la sequenza della tempesta che ti toglie il fiato e fa davvero paura. Ottimo film.

← Previous 1 3 4