1. Zach Closs's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

The butterfly sequence is beautiful beyond articulation.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

Un des films les plus antimilitaristes de l'histoire du cinéma. Chef-d'oeuvre incontestable et incontesté, à projeter dans toutes les casernes et toutes les écoles... www.cinefiches.com

3. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

such a violent and realistic portrayal of war for that time and age, when most war films were mere propaganda

4. bryanvmh's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

Stylistic precursor to Kubrick's essential Paths of Glory, this movie is surprisingly technically impressive. Heavy handed, but with such pathos how could it not be?

5. runfromfire's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

This movie is the reason for my obsession with World War I. I loved it when I first watched it in 8th grade history class and I still love it today.

6. Bernard Batubara's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

Boring at the beginning, but gripping at the middle, and poetic at the end.

7. Ethan's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

This is one of the best war films ever made. This would make a great double bill with Paths of Glory.

8. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

The best early war film, bested only by The Big Parade imo for story. Battle scenes are unreal. My second fav warm film I own, and easy to see why it won Best Picture, back when that actually meant something

10. Dignan's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

No one ever believes the disillusioned...

11. Alex Pintică's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

12. RoRoRoro's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

13. Chichago_'s rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

My dad told me that he watched this film over and over again. Now I can see why he loves this film so much.

14. Michael Harbour's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

Amazing cinematography and visual composition. From the opening shot which segues from a parade into a classroom with the parade seen through the windows in the background to stunning recreations of battle, the dynamic, detailed mise en scene is a wonder to behold. The story follows a group of friends and acquaintances through WWI. Performances are occasionally a little http://letterboxd.com/mharbour/films/diary/

15. magali de lepeleere's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

Epic battle scenes -moving, even today. It didn't feel too long for me at all.

16. landscapenames's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

crazy crazy film. you will be very sad about humanity after.

17. rowdyman's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

Wow. Just, wow. I thought I would watch this with a jaded eye but this film is pretty epic. Powerful and memorable with surprising performances. You're watching the history of film and it's weighty stuff.

18. Howard Orr's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

Reminiscent of Eisenstein or Milestone's compatriot Dovzhenko in bravura style, its oft-mentioned creakiness and over-amped acting actually add to the mixed, manic mood of panic and crazed patriotism; its overwhelming impression is that there are those in this world have lived to see Hell.

19. hmgurny's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

Check out my analysis on my blog: http://thecinemaniacs15.wordpress.com/2012/12/01/all-quiet-on-the-western-front/ Enjoy and comment!

20. LoverofLeCinema's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

Heavy handed, runs a bit too long, but an amazing work of filmmaking and hauntingly powerful.

21. AuRevoirShosanna's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

22. Mikhael Tarigan's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

An epic classic anti-war movie. Realistic even until now.

23. Caden Cotard's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

A very good, if long adaptation of All Quiet. Unfortunately, it feels incredibly dated, especially in dialogue. What sounded true and realistic in Remarque's novel feels cliché and wrong in the film. The innovative battle scenes, however, make up for any dramatic shortcomings. They're extraordinary.

24. AKFilmFan's rating of the film All Quiet on the Western Front

It's not often a World War I movie is still moving, relevant, and anti-war. Even better is that it's from the "enemy's" POV. The only debit is probably Ayres' theatrical acting.