1. karl's rating of the film All That Jazz

2. Peter Walsh's rating of the film All That Jazz

A flattering autobiography, or is it just entertainment? Bob Fosse's song and dance extravaganza elides simple pigeonholing, and all too often lets the central character off the hook.

3. tealeaves's rating of the film All That Jazz

Dance all amazing. Second half not great. Even egotists die.

4. dmol's rating of the film All That Jazz

Bob Fosse's incomparable. Well, he's the man to offer a deeper perspective on the dance and theatre world. Oh, and that choreography!

5. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film All That Jazz

From the opening audition piece, to the final scenes, THIS film is genius. Awesome dance, awesome music, and the acting! Sometimes a musical just doesn't manage to have it all, THIS does. I implore anyone who hasn't seen it, to sit down, pour yourself a drink, or any other indulgences, and...Showtime Folks...!!! I re-visit this film at least twice a year, and it never fails to inspire and lift me. JOY.

6. Ştefan Iancu's rating of the film All That Jazz

Roy Scheider's performance is absolutely phenomenal.

7. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film All That Jazz

10/10. Fosse crafts an extraordinary film--8 1/2 meets musical theatre. If a big, bombastic musical number with sequins, cellophane and an existential fear of death sounds like fun to you, this is a must see.

8. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film All That Jazz

Artículo ("Kane3"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2006_11_17_archive.html

9. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film All That Jazz

Sort of Fellini's, but a very personal delirium by Fosse. Of course you have decadent man, full of sex and dream fantasies (remembering 8 1/2), but all that gags and jokes in that movie that he is trying to assemble (came from Leny), the dancing and singing (came from Cabaret). Unfortunately, Fosse made too it bureslec and the film can't breathe (rehearsal, family, hospital, film, dream).

10. Faustgelopoulos's rating of the film All That Jazz

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film All That Jazz

Smart, sexy, dark and dangerous. I saw this movie in college when I was in the film club. We showed it twice Saturday and Sunday and it sold out all four times. One of the guys in my dorm saw all 4 showings. It has an amazing set of performances. Roy had to audition, but he had done singing and dancing earlier in his career. Easily his finest performance. He was Broadway trained, BTW.

12. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film All That Jazz

One of the few movies where I like the end better than the beginning

13. MarcusArcus's rating of the film All That Jazz

14. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film All That Jazz

Roy Scheider gives the best performance in any Fosse film. The choreography is just great. The film is brilliantly made...and yet...I don't love it.

15. Alex Pintică's rating of the film All That Jazz

16. Thomas Dods's rating of the film All That Jazz

Great kaleidoscope visuals and and a fantastic leading performance from Schneider. Precursor to the work of David O Russell. Very much ahead of its time and an over looked 70s classic.

17. Chris's rating of the film All That Jazz

using my 5 balloon rating system, i give this movie 4 1⁄2 balloons

18. Raquel Santos Silva's rating of the film All That Jazz

Everything is show business. Even life's final act: death.

19. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film All That Jazz

Fosse's 8½ - It is pure art. Loved the music & Scheider's performance. A bit phantasmagorical during the last hour. "It's showtime, folks!"

20. Balthaz21's rating of the film All That Jazz

21. jonijtr's rating of the film All That Jazz

I cant get enough of it. . . . . . It's perfect

22. James Mackin's rating of the film All That Jazz

This is a film about how hard it is to be absolutely brilliant, made by someone absolutely brilliant. Infinity/10, will watch again and again.

23. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film All That Jazz

24. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film All That Jazz

I've seen a lot of movies lately that tackle the topic of the drive that comes with the want to create art and the issues that arrive and ensnare the artist on his quest for that creation, or performance. The others didn't get as meta about it as this one does. Stepping out of itself in more than one way, it also immerses itself in the world of performance art, and performance in it's own right, just as much.

← Previous 1 3 4 5