1. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film All the King's Men

If you like Sean Penn you'll like it & probably defend the movie but the thing it ain't that good (script & photography)

2. Dave's rating of the film All the King's Men

The overwhelming critical opinion of this film was that it is a total bomb, but I am completely at odds with this critical consensus. Does it have some miscasting and bad accents? Yes. But Zaillian's script and direction are crisp, the photograph is outstanding, and there are some high points in the direction and Penn's lead performance that are outstanding. Not nearly as bad as you've heard, and in fact quite good.

3. Margeaux St.Croix's rating of the film All the King's Men

4. Fer Sandoval's rating of the film All the King's Men

5. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film All the King's Men

After seeing the original film, I can't believe Sean Penn played the role of Willie in this remake. It has Jeff Bridges written all over it.

6. Tigrão's rating of the film All the King's Men

7. Toby Hung's rating of the film All the King's Men

I agree with Mike. I saw this film before the original version, and I thought that it was amazing. I read the book after watching the movie and was extremely surprised to see negative reviews of this film. What shocked me even more was the film earning the title of "worst film of the year" by many critics.