1. User Kane's rating of the film Alléluia

Gorgeous actors and very fine cinematography but the story itself is totally predictable and quite boring. Still, there are some exceptional scenes, I just wish there would be more, like in his previous movies.

2. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Alléluia

I do like some of his work as an auteur in the horror/psychological/atmosphere area, but found thematically and character wise so uninteresting. Still, probably the most interesting auteur in those fields.

3. giovanni's rating of the film Alléluia

4. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Alléluia

A gut-wrenching and harrowing movie about the madness and destructive nature of obsession, love and passion. The director spares us nothing when taking us into the tunnel of despair and the actors are more than game in realizing his vision. Production design, photography and score all underline the drab and sad realism with aplomb. A movie you might not enjoy but rather endure. Still it´s impossible to look away!

5. MODERNGRUMBLE's rating of the film Alléluia

Despite being a free adaptation of the real-life Honeymoon Killers Du Welz makes the story his own, and gives us an unflinching look at psychopathy, and co-dependence. Truly upsetting, and powerful. And while Du Welz's usual stylistics are restrained here when they do pop up it is to masterfully share the characters pathology with our own as viewers of such horrors, and it is riveting.

6. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Alléluia

The obscene “Alleluia” is a perverse odyssey of love and madness.

7. le Gars's rating of the film Alléluia

8. Pymo's rating of the film Alléluia

And you'll follow me down...

9. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Alléluia

Gaspar Noé's neon-noir aesthetics have left a mark.

10. Ostermyers's rating of the film Alléluia

11. Scott Lucas's rating of the film Alléluia

Looks like we'll soon have another supremely fucked-up French movie on Netflix.

12. msmichel's rating of the film Alléluia

FNC '14 Fabrice Du Welz modernizes the story of the 'honeymoon killers' with this striking, often demented tale of obsessive love and carnage. While not as affecting as Ripstein's 'Deep Crimson' Du Welz makes the tale his own with a strong script, a touch of whimsy and an incredible turn by Lola Duenas. Cinematography by Manu Dacosse (Amer, Strange Colour) is exceptional as well. Strong ending open to examination.

13. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Alléluia

14. GoSpeedGo!'s rating of the film Alléluia

If Vinyan, Calvaire and Dogme 95 had a child, it would look like this. Flawlessly executed film about the destructive force of woman's love, which somehow manages to be both gripping and funny.

2 Next →