1. João Rocha's rating of the film Alois Nebel

I like the animation, and the idea for the story could be amazing, but the plot is really messy, and well, all the depression is really bad explored. And the soundtrack... wtf???

2. forksclovetofu's rating of the film Alois Nebel

When I think of animation, I think of motion but A.N. prefers to allow stillness to tell most of its story. That moribundity is a stand-in for despair and Kafkaesque government oppression. The upward emphasis here is light and dark and their constant interplay, both literally and as metaphor. Men are dwarfed to insignificance by uncaring worlds of incandescence and shadow. Hardly an easy watch, but worth your time.

3. Rhondo Alameda's rating of the film Alois Nebel

His facial expression never changes. Beautiful black and white graphics.

4. kokeshi's rating of the film Alois Nebel

5. Khora.'s rating of the film Alois Nebel

Reminds me "Valse avec Bachir" a little bit... I have to see it !

6. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Alois Nebel

Fairly interesting and well made, but ultimately lacking in almost every sense, without being a bad film.

7. petrsc's rating of the film Alois Nebel

***** means excellent!

8. J. O.'s rating of the film Alois Nebel

A subtle, yet pretty, depression-tinged story about a lonely man working at a Soviet outpost. The animation is beautiful and unlike any other film I've seen before. It's a wonderful mixture of gorgeous melancholy and harrowing bleakness. Although the story was a little thin at times, and I felt as though it concluded too abruptly, it was a very surprising little film.

9. Silenzio's rating of the film Alois Nebel

Beautifully animated and atmosperic film but slightly messy, confusing plot. Worth checking out nevertheless