1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Alone in the Dark

Suspense isn't tried as often until a home invasion by the escaped mental patients, and even then it's not breakneck in its tension. Its 1st hour doesn't really build up characters that you care about either, although there is an uncomfortable scene with an obese child molester and a young girl. The horror scenes themselves often suffer from the stupids in their setups, making them more silly than scary.

2. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Alone in the Dark

All right for an early New Line horror flick... although, the violence or scares isn't too wild as later productions would be but the acting by the lead cast is pretty solid (Landau & Palance both kill it as usual) as well the opening nightmare scene was worth watching as for a good start on the film. In my opinion, they could do a good remake for this with some more of what could've made the film do well then.

3. Laurs Kemp's rating of the film Alone in the Dark

the only scene worth a damn is the concert

4. Joshua's rating of the film Alone in the Dark

The only thing keeping them separated is the electricity. Slasher film from the director of Elm Street 2, with some parallels to that movie too. It holds back for a while, abandoning threats for a psychological discussion of the world and its many different "crazies". It has been 4 years since I first watched it, but I appreciate it better than that initial viewing, and the kissing scene was delightfully vicious.

5. novanindro's rating of the film Alone in the Dark

I highly recommend it to any horror buff !