1. Material Salva+ion's rating of the film Alps

Yorgos Lanthimos is one the most original voices of today's cinema, excelling with master works such as 'Dogtooth' and 'The Lobster'. On the other hand, ALPS was widely disappointing. Sitting on a great conceptual idea, the actual film felt exasperatingly slow and numb, lost in gimmicks of style and shallow in character or narrative development. Really looking forward to 'The Killing of a Sacred Deer' though.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Alps

Entre humour grinçant et vertige existentiel, émiettant avec délectation une réalité banale pour en faire, dans une absurdité vécue comme une normalité quotidienne, un autre monde, d'une effarante proximité qui dans son individualité est encore considéré aujourd'hui comme de la folie et qui dans une globalité sociétale dérive gaillardement vers l'autocratisme, le fascisme et la dictature... www.cinefiches.com

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Alps

Before you start any review for this kind of movie you have to praise the Greeks. They found a way to inject life and vitality into an industry that can get a bit mired in the safe, predictable, and the bland. Even their failures are interesting. I guess we have their failed economy to thank for all this goodness.

4. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Alps

Really difficult to watch to be honest

5. Achromia's rating of the film Alps

I am torn between 3 and 4 stars, mainly because I feel like the premise of the film had the potential for something more. On the other hand Yorgos really fucking knows how to create a weird and dark reality with every movie he does, and although this one stands behind Dogtooth and The Lobster it is really unsettling and gets its message across in a very slow and (positively) painful way.

6. film_lies101's rating of the film Alps

Bit of a misstep here by Lanthimos, the concept was already explored with much greater depth & success by Sono in the 2005 'Noriko's Dinner Table'. The final scene almost makes it worth it

7. andretz's rating of the film Alps

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Alps

9. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Alps

Idea alla base molto interessante, tuttavia la realizzazione risulta meno convincente e graffiante se confrontata con Dogtooth o The lobster

10. Muntagnari's rating of the film Alps

11. angeldromero's rating of the film Alps

Bizarre and original, as everything Lanthimos does Awesome screenplay and performances.

12. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Alps

13. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film Alps

why do I enjoy this genre so much?

14. Endless Eye's rating of the film Alps

15. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Alps

16. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Alps

A brilliant idea with the least entertaining acting

17. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Alps

Although I liked Dogtooth better, can't deny how great this was. No scene is the same as the one before, always with some different elements. The Alps' dynamic is really innovative, and I really think we find an unique movie right here.

18. Craig Knittle's rating of the film Alps

19. emlomm's rating of the film Alps

"Alps" es, probablemente, la película más débil de Lanthimos hasta la fecha. Carece de su brutalidad y crueldad características, además de sus toques de humor negro. La premisa es fantástica y adecuada, como de costumbre. Pero el desenvolvimiento de la trama es plano: carece de dilemas morales para los personajes. El estilo 'deadpan' es ejecutado sin problemas, pero carece de la intensidad tradicional de Lanthimos.

20. RickDeck's rating of the film Alps

Prescindible, no mal inviertan su tiempo

21. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Alps

ALPS is missing something quintessentially human. Sure, it presents questions about ways we play roles & what makes something 'real,' but the tone is stilted, the humor charred too black, and during the more masochistic moments, I asked Lanthimos, 'was this part for no other reason than to watch me squirm?' Still, a grade-A premise with flashes of great execution.

22. Ulises's rating of the film Alps

Better than Dogtooth, but somehow Lanthimos still doesn't capture my mind

23. Daniel Garcia's rating of the film Alps

¡Prince ya está muerto! ¿Ellos volvieron? o ¿yo estoy muerto y Prince esta vivo?

24. Sin título.'s rating of the film Alps

El confort de la esterilidad y la normalidad ensamblada. Historia secamente agradable que logra transmitir a la perfección ese sentimiento de incomodidad en las respuestas ideales ante el desapego emocional en la muerte. Además podemos observar un estilo más pulido en la dirección y demás aspectos técnicos. (20160704)

← Previous 1 3 4 5