1. josh scam's rating of the film Amarcord

an expertly woven tapestry of the most violent absurdity and the most tender melancholy

2. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Amarcord

3. Aida's rating of the film Amarcord

an ultimately menacing portrait of parochial village life. italian pessimism with a veneer of sugar and softness. a film on fascism with presentations of innocuousness and endless relatability. potentially frightening or nothing but fun if you're blind.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Amarcord

Film évocateur d'une histoire personnelle intense qui manque ici de folie et de passion créatrices comme si Federico Fellini s'était assoupi dans sa notoriété... www.cinefiches.com

5. ermete polpette's rating of the film Amarcord

6. Muntagnari's rating of the film Amarcord

7. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Amarcord

8. Bertrand Queysan's rating of the film Amarcord

9. bagno's rating of the film Amarcord

10. jonijtr's rating of the film Amarcord

Re-Rated from 4 to 4,5 // A beautiful, honest, exuberant, also an intimate coming-on-age study of an adolescent and the world surround him.

11. ali di pollo's rating of the film Amarcord

in realtà non mi è piaciuto ma meno di tre stelle mi sento in colpa

12. Marta Donati's rating of the film Amarcord

Flamboyant, dreamlike, epic depiction of nostalgia. Having a look at some of Fellini's drawings and recordings of his dreams helped me appreciate and enter the film's peculiar world (a Rimini entirely re-constructed in Cinecittà) even more.

13. miles's rating of the film Amarcord

not as good as Roma, but a fellini movie nonetheless. - EDIT, just rewatched and it is as good as Roma.

14. Mx Nihil's rating of the film Amarcord

For all I know, it might be well worth the praise, but I happen to dislike episodic narratives (that is, seemingly most of Fellini's filmography).

15. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Amarcord

For everything Amarcord does, it does right and it does well. It is simplistic in its motives and care free in its narrative. It isn't anything complex or serious. It only seeks to entertain, while also provide a glorious, imaginative, and often times nostalgic look at the simpler times of life.

16. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Amarcord

Amarcord, or I Remember, is a film about nostalgia, coming of age, and as the title implies, memories. It is a series of just that more than it is any sort of story. More an arrangement of the collective daily life experiences of one town in Italy, just coming under fascist rule. Beautifully shot and well directed.

17. come-in-alone's rating of the film Amarcord

I'm never gonna get tired of Amarcord. It's set not far from my hometown and it has been one of the most quoted films by my parents, through my childhood. It's always gonna be funny and have a nostalgic feel to me.

18. Ethan's rating of the film Amarcord

This film is nothing short of greatness. It is a beautiful film with a lot of comedy and a lot of heart. Fellini created the formula for a generation of filmmakers on how to tell a coming of age story.

19. Vincent T's rating of the film Amarcord

rated from memory. Needs a revisit.

20. B o g d a n's rating of the film Amarcord

21. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Amarcord

22. EdieEmm's rating of the film Amarcord

Such a sucker for Fellini's boisterous, playful cinematic processions, his almost subversive refusal to buy into the supposed mutual exclusivity of sincerity and silliness, depth and whimsy, real and imaginary... (Making possible, in this case, a film that challenges the privileging of the adolescent male mentality, without sacrificing any of its own boyish charm). Makes me remember to be delighted. 4.5

23. coxno's rating of the film Amarcord

a lovely and fun movie. and that soundtrack DAMN!!!

24. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Amarcord

I first saw this in an English-dubbed version, which has shaped my experience of it ever since.

← Previous 1 3 4