1. pluviosity's rating of the film Amazing Grace

if you're care about story that was more about the people--the white saviors with rose tinted glasses--than the cause, probably this worked, almost. And well, Ioan Gruffudd is not that bad of an actor, but sorry, with cast like Michael Gambon, Albert Finney, Toby Jones, Ciaran Hinds and Benedict Cumberbatch, Ioan is the least I want to watch.

2. N!nA's rating of the film Amazing Grace

Mark Skyes and William Wilberforce from the same place with two different ways...!!!

3. papilliondenuit@gmail.com's rating of the film Amazing Grace

I think it's worth to watch it, specially for the historical point of view. Great costume and production design

4. ajdehany's rating of the film Amazing Grace

Very affecting piece. Script isn't quite up there with the cast, but a decent film all round.

5. Anita G's rating of the film Amazing Grace

Its ok .. some good performances but generally lacks passion.

6. GreenROCK's rating of the film Amazing Grace

The film does not reflect the legacy of Wilberforce. But it is interesting and worth watching for the story it tells.

7. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film Amazing Grace

Stellar cast. Terrible film score.

8. michael.p.ellis@ntlworld.com's rating of the film Amazing Grace

I don't know how historically accurate all the details are but the story told matches well with what I remember from my school days. If only we had this to watch back then! If this film falls squarely into a period piece drama in being rather polite and all tea and cucumber sandwiches, I still think it has a useful place in the educational curriculum as well as being a fascinating, enjoyably film to watch.

9. Safety's rating of the film Amazing Grace

An absolutely stellar cast, on very fine form indeed, do justice to the history, the faith and the politics of the time. It's fair to say that there are other ways of telling the story of slavery and its abolishment. And truth be told, slavery is not yet defeated. But the road to creating a world in which all are equal has, and will continue to have, mighty landmarks worthy of stopping at and remaking upon.

10. raggiodisole's rating of the film Amazing Grace

your view of this will be coloured by one of two things: William Wilberforce as prime mover in the abolition of the slave trade, and costume drama. I care little for the latter, but strongly for the former, and whether young British actors were grandstanding or not, the story of the end of slavery from the perspective of Parliament was told.

11. daisygrubber's rating of the film Amazing Grace

It's quite interesting to read reviews of this film from the many campaigners who are very critical of its idolisation of Wilberforce as the great white saviour and the dearth of speaking parts for black actors/recognition of the role black people themselves had in ending the slave trade. It is basically a glossy costume drama which is pleasant enough to watch, but lacks bite.

12. Penelope q's rating of the film Amazing Grace

Good performances and well presented facts.

13. janh24's rating of the film Amazing Grace

A perfectly decent historical drama, with some credible performances.

14. Paul Cooklin's rating of the film Amazing Grace

15. anwoody's rating of the film Amazing Grace

Tough political issues softened up and simplified for period drama mass consumption.

16. Erika Jane's rating of the film Amazing Grace

Inspiring subject. Great cast.

17. Brendan's rating of the film Amazing Grace

my favorite movie of all time.