1. rulesofachia's rating of the film Amer

When I first saw this, I liked it a lot. Then, as I became tired of the announcements of the umpteenth new neo-giallo student film, I fell out of love with Amer. Now, after attending Cattet & Forzani's retrospectives at MIFF2018, I remembered why I loved Amer (read: my Strange Color review). 1st act is a great little Gothic horror. 2nd act is the weakest. 3rd act is an implicitly fetishistic psychosexual thriller.

2. petit astronaute's rating of the film Amer

3. Pango's rating of the film Amer

I really wanted to love this film. The first 20 minutes I thought I was watching a masterful come back to the giallo genre. So stylish and such a beautiful cinematography. Soon this style and beauty become something else, something excruciating and annoying. I swear if I see another close up of eyes I scream. It's a self indulgent exercise, it would have worked incredibly well as a short film.

4. chicofireman's rating of the film Amer

Todas as cores. Todos os cortes. Todas as referências. Tudo muito bom, muito bonito, mas precisava ser tudo? "Amer" peca pelo excesso, mas tem um cuidado com fotografia, montagem, trilha sonora, direção de arte e som que talvez só tenham par nos outros filmes da dupla, também um tanto excessivos.

5. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Amer

6. chanandre's rating of the film Amer

Pas de mots que de sanglots et chair de poule.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Amer

Un style fort particulier, pourquoi pas, à la limite du cinéma expérimental qui peut générer ses partisans. Encore faut-il savoir raconter une histoire, écrire un scénario et ne pas se prendre pour le nombril du monde... www.cinefiches.com

8. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Amer

9. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Amer

I thought I was going to love this film. Well, I love the cinematography but this nightmare could have been great...but it's not. I see distress, I see anxiety, I see perversion, I see innocence, I see feminity, I see desire, but can't see the real essence of this film.

10. wiwitaek's rating of the film Amer

A deep dark and sensual exploration of French New Wave

11. emanuela's rating of the film Amer

Blue - red - purple - noir - green every color reminds me Dario Argento vibes. Every frame a masterpiece.

12. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Amer

To put it honestly and plainly, the directing duo of Cattet and Forzani direct the motherfucking shit out of Amer. That's also the problem. If the style of mainstream directors-- say Christopher Nolan or Michael Bay-- are often only for adrenal effect without care for artistry, Amer's very sexualized symbols and metaphors are quite synthetic in emotion. A film should have both. Amer is too arty for its own good.

13. D.J. Devereux's rating of the film Amer

My 2nd favourite film of all time; and the number one film you have not seen! The disturbing tale of one girl, from 3 different moments in her life. Ana as a child, she has a nightmare, the film is her psychedelic nightmare. Ana as a teenager, she is discovering sexuality and starts to resent her controlling mother. Ana as middle aged woman who is being stalked by someone or something. ALL LEADS, to a great twist!

14. Luis Pires's rating of the film Amer

Could work as a short, but as a feature it's just too much for me. Great intro though.

15. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Amer

worth for the experimental photo & montage only. the rest is all i've always disliked

16. Thomaz Pedro's rating of the film Amer

Filmão! Primeira parte é chocante.

17. Gael Rodrigues's rating of the film Amer

que cinematografia é essa...!

18. Duda Ferraz's rating of the film Amer

19. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Amer

Visuel & montage au top. Sinon trop long.

20. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Amer

Right from the start the duo Cattet/Forzani tells us what their movie will be about by using as musical score of 'Amer' the soundtracks of half a dozen Italian B-movies of the early 70's. 'Amer' is about Giallo and its codes: Blood, Erotism and Dreams. This film delivers all what Sergio Martino, Umberto Lenzi and so many others only dreamt to do. 'Amer' is The Giallo, in a Platonic sense. Highly recommended.

21. averpues's rating of the film Amer

Visualmente placentera. El tacto como límite entre el erotismo y la violencia.

22. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Amer

Could easily be turned into a great silent short film.

23. Chilton's rating of the film Amer