1. Brian Gutierrez's rating of the film America

How she chose to move the camera from looking at the mid level of the trees to the forest floor, only to spin gave me a greater sense of space. I felt I knew exactly where she was standing and having the voice over present a place of reflection on where the boy feels he is in the world is beautiful. It felt very much like a poem or thought to express directly to an audience

2. Matt Payne's rating of the film America

Really minimal but poetic nonetheless.

3. naokoken's rating of the film America

Interesting short. The boy looking out at the viewer of the film and then closing his eyes as the field recording grew louder was a nice touch.

4. C Wever's rating of the film America

I'm not sure if there was intent behind this, but it was a lovely shot.

5. Padiddle's rating of the film America

This kind of film definitely makes me feel like I'm missing something which almost makes me reluctant to rate it. That said it's 7 minutes so it's probably worth a watch.

6. David R Williams's rating of the film America

Another fragment from the world of Nana. A world beginning or ending? There are faces in the trees and what could be the ruins of other trees or memories of strange prehistoric beasts. A dream of a world that you can feel on your face and in your heart.

7. Paul Cozighian's rating of the film America

8. Ugo Casabianca's rating of the film America

9. Renton47's rating of the film America

Lost in the world. Beautiful poem yearning for a closer connection to a primitive place, I suspected it was much older than the video in question and possibly of Native American ancestry (I was wrong). The shot complements the poem nicely, though the individual and the sentiment never chance to meet.

10. msmichel's rating of the film America

One place. One boy. One day. One shot. One very long yawn.

11. Nan Bauer's rating of the film America

12. Ben Elias's rating of the film America

Delightful, short and sweet.

13. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film America

I thought this was a beautiful meditation. Very moving. A raw encounter between self and other. These gems are, among other things, why I love Mubi so much...

14. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film America

I found it mildly engaging at the start of the shot, and then I got bored. Then it grabbed me again with the voice over, and then it lost me again. Then the girl showed up, and then it lost me again, so not very compelling overall. I was really into the poem initially though, so that's something. Not particularly bad, just overall, meh.

15. PhilippeDO's rating of the film America

I feel like one sense is supposed to attach you to the boy (vision) while another (hearing) is meant to attach you to nature - and that within you, the connection he's searching for is made, or at least suggested? I like the concept, but ultimately, it feels pretentious and comes off hollow.

16. muse_x's rating of the film America

17. lostlevel's rating of the film America

I confess I probably don't get it but it's nice to watch and to be honest at 7 minutes in length doesn't require much commitment on my part.

18. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film America

Not a bad vignette, I found the visuals and field sounds interesting. But I agree there could be more interesting films to upload here.

19. caitlin.f's rating of the film America

i found this very beautiful & relaxing. idk what's with all the haters.

20. Vinegar Factory's rating of the film America

Beautiful. Imagine if America was only birdsong?

21. Matthew McCarty's rating of the film America

22. Sydney Smith's rating of the film America

23. Samuel Wells's rating of the film America

If nothing else, the nature in this scene is gorgeous. I am from the Pacific NW and it does capture the beauty that can be found in the forests of the region. What this film does though is mar the scenery with an overly self-indulgent poem that can only be described as "poemy", which insults me as an aspiring poet in my own right. The method in which the message is conveyed does not fit. It is not worth watching.

24. George B's rating of the film America

Really? I guess this kind of stuff is lost on me.