1. Axel's rating of the film American Beauty

Movies that reflect life, even in all of its honest brutality. I love it.

2. savannah k leit's rating of the film American Beauty

In nearly every scene, it seems like a character is framed by a window or camcorder frame. We are often in the POV of a Peeping Tom next door neighbor, Ricky Fitts, who records everything he finds beautiful on his camcorder. His subjects, the Burnhams, don't believe in closing their curtains so their messy lives are on full display through their four pane windows.

3. Paul Dogioiu's rating of the film American Beauty

4. MS1915's rating of the film American Beauty

At first I was a little hesitant in regards to my feelings about the film. Soon enough, however, I understood and it all made sense. The film is a work of art in the way it combines story-lines so seamlessly and infuses themes of idolatry and philosophy; dreams and fears. An all-around great film that clearly has something to say.

5. Bianca Von R's rating of the film American Beauty

6. spasmolytic's rating of the film American Beauty

Tried way too hard to achieve beauty.

7. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film American Beauty

When Mendes apply's his brilliant and thought-provoking direction with Hall's purposeful palette and compositions this what you get!

8. Adri Azhari's rating of the film American Beauty

9. Polish Slug's rating of the film American Beauty

10. theweirdestport's rating of the film American Beauty

portrayal of the american dream

11. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film American Beauty

Had so much sex whilst watching this movie I didn't pay much attention

12. Doe Deer's rating of the film American Beauty

stale marriage mid-life crisis forbidden desire alienation the subtle yet constant reminder that your life could be entirely different and you're the only one responsible for it USE YOUR RADICAL FREEDOM KIDS

13. érzéki's rating of the film American Beauty

How dare anyone say this movie is overrated! Controversial? Sure. But this is beautifully acted by Kevin Spacey and Annette Benning. I think it's a gorgeous film.

14. Wellington's rating of the film American Beauty

Every time I watch this movie I cry because everything Lester did was stop being hypocritical. And when he finally manages to feel good, he is killed by hypocrisy (of society). In the end, Lester describing the one second of eternity of his life before his death is of an irreparable sensibility. Masterpiece!

15. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film American Beauty

Can you believe there was a time in this country where we used to basically invent problems for ourselves just to be assholes

16. norah stone's rating of the film American Beauty

in high school this movie made me feel like i was way cooler and *enlightened* than what i probably was

17. Freakyfilm's rating of the film American Beauty

Middle-class issues biatch

18. Sónia Antunes's rating of the film American Beauty

19. Joana China's rating of the film American Beauty

rewatched and it hasn’t aged very well. this movie just offers smug, warmed-over sociological insights. unconvincing and superficial.

20. Azer Suat Tatlı's rating of the film American Beauty

great expression of identity crisis

21. Pierre.F's rating of the film American Beauty

Une peinture de la comédie sociale d'une petite ville américaine. Très très cool.

22. anacecil's rating of the film American Beauty

Una crítica a la sociedad Americana y la pareja. Muy buena actuación y muy buen tema.

23. dordairobert's rating of the film American Beauty

24. Kreg's rating of the film American Beauty

Many enjoyable moments and performances, but overall doesn't seem to go anywhere or decide who we should care about. Worth seeing, wouldn't watch again