1. Paul Dogioiu's rating of the film American Beauty

2. MS1915's rating of the film American Beauty

At first I was a little hesitant in regards to my feelings about the film. Soon enough, however, I understood and it all made sense. The film is a work of art in the way it combines story-lines so seamlessly and infuses themes of idolatry and philosophy; dreams and fears. An all-around great film that clearly has something to say.

3. Bianca Von R's rating of the film American Beauty

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film American Beauty

Tried way too hard to achieve beauty.

5. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film American Beauty

When Mendes apply's his brilliant and thought-provoking direction with Hall's purposeful palette and compositions this what you get!

6. Adri Azhari's rating of the film American Beauty

7. Polish Slug's rating of the film American Beauty

8. theweirdestport's rating of the film American Beauty

portrayal of the american dream

9. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film American Beauty

Had so much sex whilst watching this movie I didn't pay much attention

10. Doe Deer's rating of the film American Beauty

stale marriage mid-life crisis forbidden desire alienation the subtle yet constant reminder that your life could be entirely different and you're the only one responsible for it USE YOUR RADICAL FREEDOM KIDS

11. érzéki's rating of the film American Beauty

How dare anyone say this movie is overrated! Controversial? Sure. But this is beautifully acted by Kevin Spacey and Annette Benning. I think it's a gorgeous film.

12. Wellington's rating of the film American Beauty

Every time I watch this movie I cry because everything Lester did was stop being hypocritical. And when he finally manages to feel good, he is killed by hypocrisy (of society). In the end, Lester describing the one second of eternity of his life before his death is of an irreparable sensibility. Masterpiece!

13. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film American Beauty

Can you believe there was a time in this country where we used to basically invent problems for ourselves just to be assholes

14. norah stone's rating of the film American Beauty

in high school this movie made me feel like i was way cooler and *enlightened* than what i probably was

15. Freakyfilm's rating of the film American Beauty

Middle-class issues biatch

16. Sónia Antunes's rating of the film American Beauty

17. Joana China's rating of the film American Beauty

rewatched and it hasn’t aged very well. this movie just offers smug, warmed-over sociological insights. unconvincing and superficial.

18. Azer Suat Tatlı's rating of the film American Beauty

great expression of identity crisis

19. Pierre.F's rating of the film American Beauty

Une peinture de la comédie sociale d'une petite ville américaine. Très très cool.

20. anacecil's rating of the film American Beauty

Una crítica a la sociedad Americana y la pareja. Muy buena actuación y muy buen tema.

21. dordairobert's rating of the film American Beauty

22. Lourenço Cadete's rating of the film American Beauty

I wish Kevin Spacey was my uncle. No particular reason

23. Kreg's rating of the film American Beauty

Many enjoyable moments and performances, but overall doesn't seem to go anywhere or decide who we should care about. Worth seeing, wouldn't watch again

24. MistaRichard's rating of the film American Beauty