1. J. Pomp's rating of the film American Dreams

The concept--placing notes from a murderer's diary (displayed as scrolling text on the bottom of the screen) in their historical context (as reflected in the audio snippets, from pop songs to political speeches)--is interesting, but the pieces hardly ever really click. The most gaping hole in the design of the film is that the visuals occupying 2/3 of the screen are Benning's personal Hank Aaron memorabilia. Random?

2. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film American Dreams

★★★★★ this is movie made American History.

3. David Grillo's rating of the film American Dreams

The ultimate show and tell. Are sports has been a parallel line to all culture. We as americans have the ability to cross back and forth from the reality and the reality of sports it seems no matter what. This film is a one on one conversation with a place and time that will remain persistent as long as we have an America to speak of and of course as long as we have America will have our sports.

4. Gondo's rating of the film American Dreams

I found my attention constantly wandering from the images displayed to the scrolling text at the bottom and then the audio snippets in the background. Then you suddenly start to create your own narritive and context n your head, besides the one imposed. Nice stuff Benning, really nice stuff!