1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film American Fable

2-3. I'm not sure the film REALLY taps into the meat of being American in a focused way. 'Pleasantville', I think, is a much better 'American fairy tale', though messier toward its ending. The moments where this film finds its most vivid clarity are in the heroine's moves to empower herself and her interactions with abstractions of truth, such as the gift of life passed quietly from mother to daughter, etc.

2. Cartaphilus's rating of the film American Fable

Many gorgeous scenes but I feel the script was not sure what it wanted to be. Del Toro or Gordon Green

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film American Fable

It's similar in many ways to the Italian film 'I'm not Scared'. Both films have excellent performances from the main characters who are young. The rest of the actors in this movie, not so much. Vera and Martin are both quite bad. Peyton Kennedy was outstanding. I think it's worth it for her performance.

4. cvalda's rating of the film American Fable

I really enjoyed this movie and particularly liked the juxtaposition between real life characters and fairytale characters. This felt like a film adaptation of so many middle-grade novels I read growing up.

5. teler_thriller's rating of the film American Fable

I'll say it's an impressive. May I say that this movie kinda reminds me of Pan's Labyrinth? Well, since the protagonist is a little girl who has her own imagination in her head. Yet, things are a bit different since there is different kind of 'happy ending' happened between this and that. The acting is a bit yeah...okayish, but I like the idea. It just needs a bit of spice to make it more interesting

6. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film American Fable

Anne Hamilton's debut tells a visually pleasing midwestern fairy tale without any true elements of the fairy tale genre. Ultimately, the picture as a whole falls flat due to lackluster acting, uninspired editing, and far too little explanation behind why the events of the story are playing out; however despite these failures, there's a clear style here that I'd like to see more of (hopefully improved upon).