1. sabrina's rating of the film American Gigolo

Ok ummmm Richard Gere is hella hot/stylish, but this movie is kinda boring.

2. f-nanda's rating of the film American Gigolo

3. VincentVendetta's rating of the film American Gigolo

A copy of Pickpocket, a Giorgio Moroder record and 2 pounds of cocaine.

4. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film American Gigolo

3.5 Falls in its own safety net – and ensnares me with its loveless seduction.

5. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film American Gigolo

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film American Gigolo

7. jenstor's rating of the film American Gigolo

8. Muraki's rating of the film American Gigolo

the end reminded me alil bit of pickpocket. but this for sure is one of the best modern neo-noir movies.

9. ammar's rating of the film American Gigolo

10. pluviosity's rating of the film American Gigolo

a movie with no story. bra-vo.

11. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film American Gigolo

A Guy Movie through and through, but one that feels more human and compassionate than most due to Paul Schrader's thorough understanding of how people make connections and how they create stakes for themselves. A wildly underrated neo-noir masterpiece, even if Gere's performance is admittedly a bit...perfunctory at times.

12. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film American Gigolo

13. Carl G.'s rating of the film American Gigolo

great soundtrack, even though it is only several of Giorgio Moroders takes on Blondie's Call Me. at times Schrader successfully portrays what he has written (the probe & scene where Gere looks for the planted jewelery). gets a bit weak at times. end has definitely been compromised with distributor. Schrader's script is great.

14. Graham Ball's rating of the film American Gigolo

I love Paul Schrader, I have avidly followed his Directing career as much as his estimable Screenwriting career, but for all the historical praised heaped on this film I just found it a bit flat. It comes across as being restricted within the era it is set and really letdown by the aesthetic of that time. Shame, I wish I could have liked it more.

15. Nytse Jam's rating of the film American Gigolo

related fi, (όχι duck phi, όχι εσύ) the long goodbά... teasing...

16. James Cooper's rating of the film American Gigolo

It looks great (almost too well thought out - even the placing of hands) but it's also terrible in a charming 80s sort of way.

17. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film American Gigolo

Bressonian transcendence meets New Hollywood excess, made possible by Bertoluccian 'baroque' stylisation. That final shot is one of the most enigmatic, beautiful and thought-provoking in all of cinema. A masterpiece of observation and mise-en-scène and one of Schrader greatest films.

18. JFPISSIAS's rating of the film American Gigolo

Stylish, colours, beige-beige-beige, modern- chic designs, welcome to the 80's.

19. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film American Gigolo

20. Arisa's rating of the film American Gigolo

Richard Gere is a stone cold fox.

21. analeorne's rating of the film American Gigolo

review aqui: http://www.rascunho.net/critica.php?id=1639

22. Alan Edit's rating of the film American Gigolo

They don't make movies like these anymore.

23. Nancarrow's rating of the film American Gigolo

its taken me so long to come to you