1. thelastronaut's rating of the film I Called Him Morgan

Solid. Loved the music, the film footage of old New York City, and the snow.

2. S Campbell's rating of the film I Called Him Morgan

Even if you don't like jazz this documentary is still a great watch

3. Jason's rating of the film I Called Him Morgan

As a big fan of jazz of the Blue Note school, I am definitely a guy who was gonna be in the market for a doc on the abbreviated career and sad demise of Lee Morgan. Naturally the music is good. There are, in addition, cool cats like Wayne Shorter here telling us how it all was. The story is interesting and kind of instructive. But this sad story is dead simple, and there ain't much material to round it out.

4. msmichel's rating of the film I Called Him Morgan

Director Kasper Collin again reaches into the jazz past to rescue a player from obscurity in this capture of trumpeter Lee Morgan and his wife Helen who murdered him in a club in '73. Helen rescued Lee from addiction only to begin losing him to rising stardom and a younger woman..with tragic results. he film with its wise use of previously recorded interviews and archival footage does great service to its subject.

5. nessa's rating of the film I Called Him Morgan

6. Jalise's rating of the film I Called Him Morgan

The story of this mans (lee morgan) life was so tragically beautiful. The music the confidence the style the eloquence his stumble into addiction. all these waves crashing in on one another. It's astounding how you can create so much texture just from a couple of audio recordings. I love this medium so dearly.