1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Amistad

To be honest I was a bit afraid of watching this because I assumed Spielberg would picture the horrors of slavery. He did not. Instead he masterfully gave profound hints how & which misery these people had to bear. It is Spielberg's unique craftmanship to transport the tortures right into your head without putting them on screen. I think this is the greatness of this movie. The rest is a solid court drama case.

2. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Amistad

3. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Amistad

A great historical event well used to portray the horror and unhuman conditions in which slavery took place throughout the Atlantic Ocean. Also an opportunity to outline an educational approach on the American politics concerning the subject, as well as the philosophical discussion underpinning it.

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Amistad

I loved the idea of wandering the streets to listen for language as a key to freedom. All those beautiful words, in so many tongues...

5. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Amistad

1997, dir. STEVEN SPIELBERG - 8/10 (USA)

6. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Amistad

The scenes on the ship and the final argument in court contain greatness but the rest of film just isnt that good.

7. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Amistad

8. Hani's rating of the film Amistad

9. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Amistad

10. nothere's rating of the film Amistad

A mess and ultimately bullshit if you look into how Spielberg changes the true story. Hollywood exploiting history lesson.