1. Karina Castro's rating of the film Amores perros

Richie, Richie, Richie, Richie, Richie, Richie, Richie, Richie. (This part destroyed the all movie).

2. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film Amores perros

3. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film Amores perros

Davvero bello e convincente. Ha un difetto solo: è troppo lungo e le due ore e mezza si sentono. La storia di mezzo, quella della modella, è molto ben fatta ed è interessante l'idea di usare il cane come una sorta di cuore rivelatore alla Poe, ma poteva essere più asciutta, anche perché che le altre due vicende siano migliori è palese. Bellissimo il cane che passa come un testimone da un personaggio all'altro.

4. Charlotte Normand's rating of the film Amores perros

5. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Amores perros

6. Olly Perrett's rating of the film Amores perros

In my opinion this is the very best example of how to pull off a multi-stranded narrative out there. A masterclass in pacing.

7. s1mon81's rating of the film Amores perros

Intense and gripping. Very well introduced characters, and cleverly linked stories. One of those very memorable films.

8. janice.hughes's rating of the film Amores perros

Another amazing film by Inarritu made in 2000 a millennial moment of three interconnecting stories of living lives consumed by greed, violence and love and then ... death. Completely addictive yet cruel beyond belief. Is this still the Mexico of today home of the world's richest man and of the largest crime cartels?

9. ajdehany's rating of the film Amores perros

Tremendous three-pronged study of loyalty and betrayal.

10. JamieAyre's rating of the film Amores perros

A long watch, but a film with high-octane virility. The stories feel bolted together: dogs the motif of each, representing our uprooted souls. Valeria’s lapdog symbolises her anxiety and presentiment of future calamity. El Chivo’s posse of dogs, his emotional life, symbolise his misanthropy and alienation. Cofi becomes a metonym for the sufferings of his handler: the stigmata of pain, incomprehension and suffering.

11. Sophie Hurry's rating of the film Amores perros

Wow this film is long but it gets to damn good! The first third of the narrative made me uncomfortable with the dog fighting and the characters I generally did not like, but after that it just got better and better as the plot thickened and there were also subtle links and the repeats of the crash and how they join together. So greatly constructed.

12. Pendar Gh's rating of the film Amores perros

could be better, poor dogs

13. anwoody's rating of the film Amores perros

Pulp Fiction without the humour...how many times have car crashes been used as the interconnecting device in multi-strand narratives? I thought the advertising executive and the one-legged girl story rather unnecessary to the film. The first story with the dog-fighting is gritty and unpleasant. Quite a few look away moments. Undoubtedly well crafted but not perfect.

14. Ciaran Campbell's rating of the film Amores perros

one good actor makes it good. gael. garcia. bernal.

15. nickolia's rating of the film Amores perros

just brilliant - i can only imagine the skill it takes to tell three stories so well, in so short a time.

16. simon's rating of the film Amores perros

Loved it so much at the time I saw it!

17. Radiobread's rating of the film Amores perros

Gritty and at times savage, but superb plot and execution

18. Vinod Narayan's rating of the film Amores perros

Amores Perros does not need much introduction... it was nominated for Academy award for the best foreign film.. Watch it if you have not yet.. I need to warn you that you have to be ready to see some extreme violence to get through it.... it is not for the faint hearted and dog lovers, please don’t watch because the movie also moves around the barbaric cruel sport of dog fighting...

19. DanOffen's rating of the film Amores perros

I didn't quite enjoy this enough. There were good bits but ultimately, even thematically, the three stories didn't connect enough. I'm not sure the films works for me as a cohesive whole. There were good bits certainly but I was never really pulled into it.

20. tomfdzv's rating of the film Amores perros

My favorite movie ever, Iñarritu nailed it with the narration and gael garcia is just amazing

21. Pablo Ramos's rating of the film Amores perros

It so articulately pieces together its broken characters and conjoins seemingly disparate storylines through allegory (be it centered around canines, violence, or both) that it's almost impossible to conceive it as a maiden directorial effort.

22. toks's rating of the film Amores perros

Completely blew me away. Subtle and less formulaic/pretentious than the trailer makes it seem.

23. kt may's rating of the film Amores perros

My favourite thing about this film is whilst it can pick out the savage and ruthless parts of a person, it contrasts that by also picking out their humanity and kindheartedness. It oozes style through the use of bold music and bold shots, with Iñárritu's camerawork reflecting the character of each of his subjects. It has a complex storyline that weaves together impressively - for a debut, it's incredible work.

24. Steven Dawson's rating of the film Amores perros

Essentially three well written short films woven together into one overarching narrative pivoted round a car crash (a trick Inarritu used again to good effect in 21 Grams). The result is a visceral and enchanting piece of Mexican cinema.