1. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film An American in Paris

This film leaves you wondering what happens to Milo at the end. While you are glad that Jerry and Lise are together at the end, you can't help but feel sorry for Milo who just falls into the same pitfalls she has with love. It's definitely a film that leaves you with mixed feelings and the dance sequences are something from another world. Definitely worth checking out.

2. Francisca's rating of the film An American in Paris

A estrela que fica a faltar deve-se ao meu desagrado em relação à história de amor central. De resto, muito belo.

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film An American in Paris

6.2/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3mq "a meretricious pomp punches far above its weight with its over-appreciated repute."

4. jewelsofglory's rating of the film An American in Paris

Gene Kelly pesters a woman he just met to fall in love with him whilst singing and dancing and speaking French in an atrocious accent. One can't help but think it's a satire of musical films because the love story is actually that unrealistic, a la The Umbrellas of Cherbourg. Alas, I believe I am wrong. I do find the film thoroughly entertaining, Paris explodes in Americanised technicolour and plasticity.

5. cineholic's rating of the film An American in Paris

8/10. Though Kelly's dance moves are second to none, I was left wishing that the film's familiar, paint-by-numbers romance felt engaging enough to provide entertainment between the dance numbers. Still, a must see for the production design with all its candy colors.

6. Call me Drella's rating of the film An American in Paris

7. franziska's rating of the film An American in Paris

8. FISCHER's rating of the film An American in Paris

Un classique de la comédie musicale dont certains numéros sont inoubliables... www.cinefiches.com

9. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film An American in Paris

2-3. I think this movie could have been much better. Setting aside its vivid production values, its command over sentences such as the reconstitution of the torn, empty image of France (which is subsequently colored by the love of Lise) is impressive. But here, the musical interludes REALLY interrupt a plot that's too simple and weighed down by unfortunate implications. Great song and dance numbers, though.

10. LauraPalmer's rating of the film An American in Paris

Rewatched and re-loved. One more (colourful) reason to love Paris.

11. alchimia's rating of the film An American in Paris

I'm really trying to watch different kinds of cult movies, including musicals, but I fucking hate them. As much as I appreciate all the work behind them, here especially in the closing scene, I just can't bear the fact that all of this singing and dancing tries to hide the horrible plot.

12. Lauren Burrell's rating of the film An American in Paris

13. Cartaphilus's rating of the film An American in Paris

14. Carl Penguin's rating of the film An American in Paris

15. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film An American in Paris

"I don't need a paid escort. And I'm not trying to rob you of your precious male initiative. I'm interested in your work and want to know you better. Is that such a crime?"

16. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film An American in Paris

The razor-thin plot and heavily budgeted first 90 minutes are easily forgotten when witnessing the film's final moments of bombastic Hollywood glory.

17. Nolan Barth's rating of the film An American in Paris

Minnelli crafts a joyous musical that is full of a vibrant energy that almost can't be described. Minnelli makes Paris come to life like never before. The dance numbers are hauntingly beautiful, especially Kelly's 20 min ballet piece towards the end. However I didn't really connect to the characters or the story as much as I wanted to. I actually found the side characters to be much more interesting that the leads.

18. Janae's rating of the film An American in Paris

Three words: Gene Kelly's socks.

19. Aardsy's rating of the film An American in Paris

Beautiful film (with a somewhat lame plot.)

20. Duncan Gray's rating of the film An American in Paris

"You'll always be by my side," Gene Kelly says plaintively when Leslie Caron wishes him goodbye. And right behind me, a little kid asked his mom, "Is that because he's stalking her?" There is something kinda stalker-y about so many movie romances, which means they live or die by the charisma involved. Fortunately, Kelly had it. As for that little kid, when the lights came up, he said "That was a great movie!"

21. ap's rating of the film An American in Paris

22. smndvdcl's rating of the film An American in Paris

The Studio sheen of Minnelli's 'An American In Paris' is hard to see past first time, but the dark horse that is Gene Kelly - a true moderate socialist. Here is a man embracing a compassionate, emancipating ethos through populist cinema. Arguably, an extension of Capraesque redemptive narratives, this classic fails to disappoint.

23. Landen Celano's rating of the film An American in Paris

24. Ethan's rating of the film An American in Paris

This is one of the more tolerable musicals. Gene Kelly just had a certain charisma that just sucked you in. Only we could have done without the twenty minute dance sequence.