1. Jim Fear's rating of the film An American Tail

This VHS was played so much it eventually got damaged. At the time, I was mostly hypnotized by the backgrounds and fluid animation through this endearing tale of emigration.

2. Michael Harbour's rating of the film An American Tail

Some nice background and environment animation incl. some gorgeous washes. A pretty decent pop song (the tune of which, in the Andrew Lloyd Webber tradition of milking your one good melody for all it's worth and more, is used over and over though the movie). Otherwise, the movie's a pretty lackluster and disappointing production. From filmmakers who've been known to "knock 'em out of the park," this is a failed bunt.

3. lizle's rating of the film An American Tail

The only redeeming quality about this movie is the song "Somewhere Out There" sang by Linda Rondstadt and James Ingram.

4. CRW's rating of the film An American Tail

It'd be helpful in this case if there were an "I want to watch again" button

5. Daniel Roque's rating of the film An American Tail

I didn't realize how sad and truthful this movie was back when I was a kid until I watched it again as an adult. Not an animated masterpiece, but a nice portrait of the russian culture and the american dream.

6. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film An American Tail

Tiger is just the best character. <3

7. Tom Barnard's rating of the film An American Tail

A messy, dull, and uninspired animated "classic". I'd heard great things about this, and with Bluth and Spielberg's names attached, expected them. This is a stretch at 80 minutes, with boring characters, forgettable songs and no hint of any real plot. Nothing is fully realised, except for a few well-animated moments.

8. Christine Lai's rating of the film An American Tail

Couldn't agree with you more Clive!!!

9. chanandre's rating of the film An American Tail

The first film i saw on the silver screen: I was a two-year old (2!!). My mother was fierce: 'nah, the kid can take it for sure'. Boy was she right! Gawsh. '86 - '17 : 31 y e a r s </3

10. tasha 2202's rating of the film An American Tail