1. FISCHER's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Excellent, malgré certaines longueurs non préjudiciables ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Thanks God! Cindrella just a fiction, but Jane Frame a real character!!! Human! Membumi!

3. grotescsetorg's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

4. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Elsewhere, Campion has managed to give us the sense of an entire life by showing us one small, pertinent slice. To say this suffers from being episodic is to be less than gracious, so I will simply underscore that biopics are worse when they assume the outcome (sublime genius) of their events before the get-go. Essential viewing because her stylistic talent: for silence, for amazing close-ups, never let up.

5. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

6. Andrew Miller's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Read her novels too-- amazing work!

7. João Rocha's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

8. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Mas que el retrato de una escritoria, Campion retrata la historia de una mujer, sobre cómo su comportamiento hasta cierto punto tiene de hermético, curioso (para bien o para mal), pero se percibe algo cautivador en su alrededor. "Un ángel en mi mesa" tiene la oportunidad de ser un drama saturado, incluso trágico, sin embargo su directora se niega a esto. Su centro es la timidez y esa obstinación por el escribir.

9. msmichel's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Initially made for New Zealand television and shown in 3 parts. The cinematic virtues of the film found it audiences world wide in theatrical exhibition. The story of Janet Frame, novelist, is one that shines a light on so called psychiatric treatment of the time period that centered out the 'odd' non-comformists of society. Frame's story is well adapted by Laura Jones and given visual mastery by the filmmakers.

10. Dignan's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

It took winning a major literary prize to convince psychiatry that Janet's brain should not be further destroyed. God help the rest of us.

11. ohrachelleigh's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

amazing film. as another shy awkward creative redhead, I felt so much like Janet

12. Polyglot's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

13. sister chromatid's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

So visually impeccable that I could've watched with the sound off and have been perfectly absorbed and just as affected. Both, however, make for something truly sublime.

14. Karen Callora's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Tres triste mais aussi tres realiste. Touche les crevasses de mon ame, et donc un magnifique film (pour moi du moins) !

15. lizarewind's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Personnage passionnant, mise en scène classe. Le passage dans l'institut psychiatrique est bizarre. Le point faible du film amha.

16. espaçonimas's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Mais uma segunda-feira de grandes filmes no Espaço Nimas: UM ANJO À MINHA MESA, de Jane Campion, passa esta segunda, dia 2 de setembro, às 18h30, o primeiro filme da programação Setembro/Outubro do ciclo "Cinema Clássico". Preço único: 4€ TODOS AO NIMAS!

17. Nicole Elmer's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

I got wonderfully "lost" in the languid pace of this film, absorbed by the life of Janet Frame. It was a beautiful and sad experience for me.

18. noah's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

19. cbg/cbg's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Just saw it last night and it may be my favorite Campion!

20. John M.'s rating of the film An Angel at My Table

geez, thank you library for having this movie well displayed.

21. sleptember's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Moving portrayal of Janet Frame as an awkward outsider.

22. Florence's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

a very delicate picture of janet frame

23. frailsoul's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

Sentimental and poetic, realistic and strong. A beautiful biography that you may expect from Jane Campion. I wish they would make more films about the struggle of life.

24. DaraDON's rating of the film An Angel at My Table

A very sad uplifting film campioning (sic) the best from the struggle of life.