1. oaiaferoce's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

A film about a modern, 'strong' and empowered woman. This film is to art, what the protagonist is to society: nothing special...

2. msmichel's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

"I'll be your mirror, reflect what you are" Alos captures the human experience in this well edited selection of scenes from contemporary and classic cinema. From birth to death encompassing love, pain, sex, pleasure, child rearing, madness, transcendence, etc etc etc. The gimmick takes a bit to take hold but once it does this is candy for the cineaste. The 'tears' sequence is masterful.

3. captainfez's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Sure, if your identity can be conveyed in A Portrait Of The Artist As A Bunch Of Footage Better Used In Its Original Incarnation.

4. Stacy Livitsanis's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Marvelous and mesmerising exercise in appropriation, recontextualisation and juxtaposition, with emotion.

5. Jann Lenihan's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Not able to be described easily, words, music and sequencing combine.

6. Lior1209's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

If I had to choose one film to which I'd apply that overused expression of "pretentious", this would be it. Clips from movies strung together in an incoherent, repetitive chore, made by someone so obsessed with herself it's not even funny. If this were a 15-20 minute film, maybe this would've been somewhat moving...at an hour and 41 minutes, it's just a painful slog.

7. Aleksi's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Too much crying (by women)

8. Sangkug Yi's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Very interesting collage. I couldn't stop watching. Wonderful clips and music.

9. saitosouta's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Umm......difficult one. First, although this movie depicts director's self-portrait through footage of movies which maybe she've watched, strangely I feel this movie's highly personal & deeply touching (I cry a little). But gradually this movie becomes ordinary flatterer shouting out "Movie is wonderful !" "I love movies !" "Sex in movie is miracle !" etc....that makes me killjoy. So former great, latter not good.

10. Rodrigo Bazán's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Un trabajo serio y fuerte sobre las sensaciones y emociones individuales, que si bien el parecerían femeninas, en realidad nos competen a todxs: soledad, aislamiento, duelo, extrañamiento de la familia, miedo a la m/paternidad, (des)encuentros amorosos

11. MirandaVj's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Una película sorprendente, muy sensible, muy necesaria para crear conciencia sobre el mundo femenino y lo poco, en general, que se tiene en cuenta su voz y sus percepciones de la vida desde el principio hasta final de los tiempos.

12. Sin título.'s rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Apropiación que remite al fracaso, la castración maternal, búsqueda de identidad, los tropiezos con el ejercicio de la sexualidad temprana, miedo a lo impreciso, pérdida de la individualidad producto de los fallos en el proceso de formación de identidad y la adolescencia tardía que llevan a una inevitable aceptación personal. Empatía, intimidad y apropiación.

13. Cronopio Tropecista's rating of the film An Appropriated Self-portrait

Llevo años queriendo encontrarme esta peli, la afinidad al mil con cada una de sus tomas, estructura y sentir.