1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Angel's Egg

I'm honestly tempted to rate this lower. I think what saves it is how visually spellbinding it is, and that it evokes what it wants to evoke with every fiber of its being. But it has a significant weakness of sorts in that it's extremely easy to read for anyone with a basic knowledge of Christianity, Existentialism, and/or semiotics. Without conflict, it becomes tedious to sit through clear, easy evocations.

2. jhubbs's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Visually stunning, plodding plot, cryptic narrative. Such aesthetic

3. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Anime yg bakal ngebuat Del Toro dan Tarkovsky kepikiran seharian.

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Angel's Egg

5. Elena's rating of the film Angel's Egg

6. F/K's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Is it too much to ask for Anime to be a bit like this?

7. Scott Barley's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Let me start off by saying, I hate anime. But this film is not like what I have seen before at all. The artwork is simple, minimal, yet incredibly expressive, symbolic, and evocative. Some symbolism in the film is too on the nose, but all the same, this is one of the most stunning films I have ever seen. I could not believe the kinship in essence, mystery & silence between this film and my film, Sleep Has Her House.

8. das Kino's rating of the film Angel's Egg

This is Oshii's greatest piece of art.

9. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Angel's Egg

10. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Knowledge is beauty and religion seeks to destroy it- boy is this is a great piece of Atheistic cinema!

11. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Angel's Egg

It felt a lot sadder to me now in 2017 now that ecological disaster seems all but assured. I love the brittle, fibrous linework. You kind of have to sink into the mood if it, which is more easily achieved in the cinema or when watched alone, not with friends. The closest thing I've experienced to an animated Max Ernst painting.

12. subtonal's rating of the film Angel's Egg

13. Violet Rien's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Many interesting metaphors and questions about humanity.

14. bulgrin's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Pure beauty and great animation. It reminds of Moebius and alike.

15. dino dancer's rating of the film Angel's Egg

16. Лиич's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Saw this a long time ago but who could forget that drawing and the eerie atmosphere.

17. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Beautiful landscapes of death.

18. ara's rating of the film Angel's Egg

so eerie and beautiful, the visuals and the soundtrack are unreal. a gem.

19. film_lies101's rating of the film Angel's Egg

20. Muffinhead1985's rating of the film Angel's Egg

21. Sabina Louro's rating of the film Angel's Egg

22. Wasunan T's rating of the film Angel's Egg

I think this is about christianity,heaven/sinners/hell, life/death.......virginity,angel/demon,beginnings of life on earth

23. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Angel's Egg

An amazing and melancholic early work from Oshii. Beautiful animation, thought-provoking storyline, unforgettable score, nothing more I can say or add except just see this to believe it yourself. It's all about the end of time this anime is.

24. Bandeira's rating of the film Angel's Egg

goth-dystopian twist of biblical references.