1. Elena's rating of the film Angel's Egg

2. F/K's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Is it too much to ask for Anime to be a bit like this?

3. Scott Barley's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Let me start off by saying, I hate anime. But this film is not like what I have seen before at all. The artwork is simple, minimal, yet incredibly expressive, symbolic, and evocative. Some symbolism in the film is too on the nose, but all the same, this is one of the most stunning films I have ever seen. I could not believe the kinship in essence, mystery & silence between this film and my film, Sleep Has Her House.

4. das Kino's rating of the film Angel's Egg

This is Oshii's greatest piece of art.

5. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Angel's Egg

6. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Knowledge is beauty and religion seeks to destroy it- boy is this is a great piece of Atheistic cinema!

7. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Angel's Egg

It felt a lot sadder to me now in 2017 now that ecological disaster seems all but assured. I love the brittle, fibrous linework. You kind of have to sink into the mood if it, which is more easily achieved in the cinema or when watched alone, not with friends. The closest thing I've experienced to an animated Max Ernst painting.

8. subtonal's rating of the film Angel's Egg

9. Violet Rien's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Many interesting metaphors and questions about humanity.

10. bulgrin's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Pure beauty and great animation. It reminds of Moebius and alike.

11. dino dancer's rating of the film Angel's Egg

12. Лиич's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Saw this a long time ago but who could forget that drawing and the eerie atmosphere.

13. camille's rating of the film Angel's Egg

14. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Beautiful landscapes of death.

15. ara's rating of the film Angel's Egg

so eerie and beautiful, the visuals and the soundtrack are unreal. a gem.

16. film_lies101's rating of the film Angel's Egg

17. Muffinhead1985's rating of the film Angel's Egg

18. Sabina Louro's rating of the film Angel's Egg

19. Wasunan T's rating of the film Angel's Egg

I think this is about christianity,heaven/sinners/hell, life/death.......virginity,angel/demon,beginnings of life on earth

20. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Angel's Egg

An amazing and melancholic early work from Oshii. Beautiful animation, thought-provoking storyline, unforgettable score, nothing more I can say or add except just see this to believe it yourself. It's all about the end of time this anime is.

21. Bandeira's rating of the film Angel's Egg

goth-dystopian twist of biblical references.

22. angiebasuki's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Though I'm not really getting it, but this is surely a beautiful artwork. The rare dialog succeeded to point out its alienated feel, melancholic music, and great visual experience. There are many frames that will make you just wanna pause and capture it. The usage of symbols like fish, egg, water, cross, bird, etc are perfect for easter holiday. Definitely gonna rewatch it!

23. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Angel's Egg

Simply beautiful!! I don't know how this isn't mentioned more often! Great piece of art.

24. apollonouta's rating of the film Angel's Egg

I wish I were as beautiful as this film