1. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Angels in America

I admire the audacity of tone and content, but regret the audacity of its runtime. There is a very good movie here, and another three hours of footage. Every great performance is weighed out by a flat one, every smart line or idea by a dumb one, every moment of subersion by one of sincerity. The film is its own night nurse, its own negation.

2. Renton47's rating of the film Angels in America

Its wings graze so close to something transcendent. But after establishing so brilliantly a world of collective hallucination, one that blinds people to themselves and the pain of others, its pretty content just living there (which is fine). Can you believe Hollywood is an industry that values Pacino's brand of acting the most? Nichols doesn't stray far enough from that early HBO aesthetic.

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Angels in America

While I thought it was well done, I would have preferred less of the famous movie actors. Broadway actors work their asses off to define a character, and then Meryl Streep and Al Pacino step in and snag the roles for the movie. Where was Ron Leibman? Marcia Gay Harden? At least they had Jeffrey Wright.

4. Helena FW's rating of the film Angels in America

Is it possible to fully do justice to this script? On stage or on screen? I don't know, I may never know. I may never be satisfied!!! This is a damn wonderful start though. Fantastic performances.

5. paulo.albu's rating of the film Angels in America

6. Kevin You's rating of the film Angels in America

The script deserves a much better realization...

7. pluviosity's rating of the film Angels in America

although took on serious themes, the script kinda has this Monty Phyton-ess touch, and I....I...I...kinda like it. :D

8. Anita's rating of the film Angels in America

great great acting, beautiful script

9. GomesMarcos's rating of the film Angels in America

10. Joel's rating of the film Angels in America

It's all in the writing, but then again it's all in the cast, but that Mike Nichols sure makes it all work. Required viewing.

11. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Angels in America

Lavish production, like we've come to expect from HBO. From the amazing cast, to the wonderful cinematography, all the imagery, the script, the music, the direction and production values... It's TV at its best. The six-part structure works really well. And each time an episode started you had that epic main title sequence which was always nice!

12. El Biffo's rating of the film Angels in America

This is so damn good, I can see why some sophisticated filmgoers still watch teevee. Fortunately, I got a copy on DVD; I stopped watching TV after they cancelled "It's About Time". Great stuff, especially if you understand the context of McCarthyism, Roy Cohn, and so on. Perhaps the best made-for-tv film I have ever seen. Everything about it is great.

13. iremderici's rating of the film Angels in America

3 more episodes left, so far so good but I can not get used to al pacino's white hair.

14. Jorge's rating of the film Angels in America

Bravo! Wonderful pieces of acting and the script is just amazing, of course.

15. Daniel Gamito Marques's rating of the film Angels in America

An absolute masterpiece. The play is brilliant, the movie is incredible, and the amazing actors take everything to a superior level. This is arguably the best miniseries ever made.

16. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Angels in America

Having been a play first, it is not surprising that the dialogue is extremely good. I found myself captivated by the story and characters, and I suppose a large part of that was due to the script. And with that, I have to say that all the actors are all great. Each performance is awards worthy. Visually it is a great film, with many shots that are spectacular; it is, overall, very good, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

17. Mr Ton Ton's rating of the film Angels in America

A Great Mini-series,this is obviously a masterpiece.

18. C.B.L.S's rating of the film Angels in America

19. Caden Cotard's rating of the film Angels in America

A truly brilliant miniseries. Tony Kushner is an absolute genius, and Mike Nichols is the perfect man to direct his magnum opus. Every single performer is Emmy-worthy, and truth be told, Angels in America is better than most films were in 2003. Meryl Streep, in particular, stands out. She plays four or five different roles, and is amazing in all of them. Also, Mary-Louise Parker, in a pre-Weeds role, is extraordinary

20. Gembira Putra Agam's rating of the film Angels in America

21. bernardocosta's rating of the film Angels in America

22. T.J. Royal's rating of the film Angels in America

I gave this a chance, and I regret ever watching it. Only the apparition towards the ending was effective for me. Otherwise, I really, *really* wasted my time with this.

23. jannicke's rating of the film Angels in America

you can be numb and safe here

24. Kristinne Nigel's rating of the film Angels in America