1. rllr's rating of the film Annihilation

A whiff. It's almost unrespectful to bring up their names. But only a whiff of Tarkovsky and Zulawski. But, of course the greatest USA-based common denominator demands guns and exposition.

2. yakimo's rating of the film Annihilation

interesting concepts, harsh executions.

3. Louis Robert's rating of the film Annihilation

Almost rated it 4 stars for the lenghty average sci fi beginning but the last half hour of this film comes straight out of a surrealist painting! Brillant and ambitious ideas that closes this film so well.

4. Bob's rating of the film Annihilation

Another mixture of too many genres - from family drama to a survival movie, from sci-fi to art house with horror ingredients. It doesn't mash-up too well and it feels half-baked on each section. Visuals are eye-candy but their excessive use makes them look cheap in the end. It fits perfectly as a double feature with "The Fountain" for its creativity, pretentiousness, genre mixture and visuals.

5. HKFanatic's rating of the film Annihilation

Much like the DNA-spliced creatures that populate the movie's sci-fi landscape, "Annihilation" feels caught between two worlds: it's not quite cerebral enough to appease the arthouse crowd, nor does it boast enough twitch-based action to satisfy fans of the kind of video game it often resembles. "Ex Machina" was perhaps 2015's most pleasant surprise, but "Annihilation" registers as woefully undercooked in comparison.

6. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Annihilation

Compared to "Ex Machina", there isn't much to say about this movie.

7. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Annihilation

Into the Shimmer... (Complex, atmospheric, thrilling, & beyond masterful - Garland has created something that science-fiction will never be the same again.)

8. nikolasminas's rating of the film Annihilation

9. Alex Flores's rating of the film Annihilation

10. Diderot's rating of the film Annihilation

Wildly inventive and visually stunning at times, it ultimately suffers from not being crazy enough to lose itself with its own ideas. And it never really achieves the intensity reached by "Ex Machina" with much less effort.

11. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Annihilation

A bit like The Thing, a lot like Stalker and Solaris, and something like what the Alien prequels wanted to be. It is, in short, mystery box sci-fi. As with any mystery box, there comes a time to put up or shut up, and on that count Annihilation actually does pretty well. Short of transcendent, sure—but what a joy to find yourself in the middle of a zone and not be sure where it's going. And to have the ending linger.

12. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Annihilation

È un film strano: ha diversi motivi per non piacere (effetti speciali traballanti, sceneggiatura spesso ridicola, personaggi stereotipati ed eventi forzati o ridicoli), e altri per piacere (scenografia e fotografia accattivanti, finale interessante e una tematica di fondo che fa presa)

13. bulletproof isobel's rating of the film Annihilation

did bjork sponsor the last part of the movie?

14. o_oo's rating of the film Annihilation

excuse me for sounding 30 yrs older than i am but... so this is daring, non-comprising sci-fi in the age of (produced by) netflix. fuck out of here.

15. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Annihilation

Reminds me of Stalker and Alien, I really liked it.

16. Chris's rating of the film Annihilation

I liked it, but didn't love it. It's a melange of Solaris, Stalker, Arrival, The Thing, and 2001, but never quite reaches the heights of any of them. It is vastly superior to the book, which felt like a total slog. The film is pretty engrossing throughout, thanks to the gorgeous cinematography, great performances, slick effects, and outstanding music. So I wasn't really over the moon for it, but liked it well enough.

17. choke's rating of the film Annihilation

ah so fun, i adored the sound the most <3

18. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film Annihilation

I want to like this more than I actually do. An extra star for effort I suppose, the last act has some standout moments and I wished the score followed these warbling synthesizer cues more than the Crosby, Still, and Nash which pulled me out of it.

19. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Annihilation

A pretty good sci fi seemingly in the alien/predator mold with a lil The Thing sprinkled in for good measure mixed by a lil King. It then goes into the realm of psychological sci fi thriller

20. Crina Cătălina Bucur's rating of the film Annihilation

(3.5) "I think you're confusing suicide with self-destruction, and they're very different. Almost none of us commit suicide, whereas almost all of us self-destruct. Somehow. In some part of our lives. We drink, or take drugs, or destabilize the happy job... or happy marriage. [...] Isn't the self-destruction coded into us? Imprinted into each cell."

21. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Annihilation

As the 2nd directing effort coming from Alex Garland, Annihilation is a dazzling sci-fi puzzle with no easy answers that really impressed me mostly because of a high visual level and the story also is on the same page (only with some reproaches). The pressure was on A.G. to deliver once again after Ex Machina (haven't seen yet so for me is hard to tell if he has done it better this time)[definitely different] 8.5/10

22. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Annihilation

Solaris meets Stalker in a weird kind of way.

23. gaporama's rating of the film Annihilation

Started as one more of those "artsy" and "deep" Netflix films (who needs those anymore?) and ended like a lysergic "Under the Skin". Yeah, it was nice and all...

24. Maratka Alarma's rating of the film Annihilation

участницы экспедиции обучались на одних курсах с героями alien: covenant, что не могло не сказаться на логичности происходящего. Тем не менее, смотрится гораздо легче и приятнее номерного Чужого