1. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Anomalisa

I think this film would feel petty if it was live action. I think the animation is somewhat of a heavy-handed metaphoric cover. But, as is evident by my rating, still enjoyable. I love the long "takes". 3.5

2. Erik F.'s rating of the film Anomalisa

The central romance is completely unconvincing (maybe it's supposed to be? I think it might actually be a fantasy concocted out of desperation by the mentally disintegrating male protagonist), but Kaufman certainly understands ennui, social alienation, and the slow downward spiral of most people's unfulfilled lives.

3. PeterK94's rating of the film Anomalisa

I’ve never had a film inflict me with an emotion quite like this, I’m going to have to rewatch this to fully understand what I felt. Amazing both in concept and execution.

4. film_lies101's rating of the film Anomalisa

This was just fucking weird, maybe not in a good way

5. Pango's rating of the film Anomalisa

The most clever use of the uncanny valley I ever experience. The human condition in his purest form, in his awkward moments, in his search of intimacy and love.

6. andretz's rating of the film Anomalisa

7. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film Anomalisa

8. pop_art-i-wish's rating of the film Anomalisa

9. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Anomalisa

Protagonista paranoico e afflitto da un senso di oppressione, che lo fa isolare dal mondo. Inizio lineare e un po' lungo, seconda parte più interessante. Alcune trovate stilistiche restano impresse, come il dare a tutti la stessa voce. Bello sviluppo della storia d'amore. Presenti alcuni cali narrativi. Finale molto amaro. Protagonista unico personaggio ben approfondito. Messa in scena e stile visivo veramente bello

10. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film Anomalisa

Realism. Funny-sad. Very honest film

11. anarresti's rating of the film Anomalisa

The creepy feeling we have, looking at these human-like animated puppets (or whatever they are) is deeply connected with the style of voice dubbing. It's the same realistic approach we see in "Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist". It emulates human speech instead of producing perfect dialogue. The most outstanding achievement, though, is the dystopian metaphor. Perfect story, surprising plot. Deep meaning. All good.

12. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Anomalisa

13. cabrapreta's rating of the film Anomalisa

cannonball through my zoo sized chest, clean wound but I'm bleeding chili

14. caddie's rating of the film Anomalisa

A beautiful and honest animated ode to the anxiety of human existence through social relations. The jumpy stop motion didn't bother me as much, probably because I saw it as a symbol to the mechanical and robot-like touch in characters' social interactions. Personally the 1st cunnilingus I have seen in an animated movie.

15. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Anomalisa

Didactic and smug. I found this to be a highly overstated film.

16. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Anomalisa

17. petit astronaute's rating of the film Anomalisa

(1.5) un film raté au niveau de la mise en scène (& montage), mais que quand même réussit à s’élever un peu de l'insignifiance à partir de la séquence du rêve. Le scénario ressent trop l'origine radiophonique du texte, trop bavarde, qui est bien médiocre dans sa recherche d'un hyper-naturalisme. La technique (stop-motion) méritait un autre réalisateur, avec au moins une idée de plan, de rythme — de cinéma, quoi !

18. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Anomalisa

19. Nachtreich's rating of the film Anomalisa

20. wiwitaek's rating of the film Anomalisa

Overshadowed by hentai part on it.

21. Bret Bynum's rating of the film Anomalisa

A beautiful and honest film. It's one of the most uncompromisingly intimate movies I've ever seen. Very self critical, and full of regret. For being an animated movie, it's incredibly realistic. A unique experience!

22. DSPRKY's rating of the film Anomalisa

Picture Lost in Translation, but drained of any real subtlety or beauty. Trash cinema.

23. Daniel Garcia's rating of the film Anomalisa

24. Ananta Vania Iswardhani's rating of the film Anomalisa

I am sure a lot of people, especially this generation could relate to this movie very deeply. It's brutally honest and the messages it wanted to convey were delivered beautifully. Not to mention that it was executed really f-in well. I can't believe bunch of puppets tore my heart apart.