1. daniel duncan's rating of the film Antares

2. ammar's rating of the film Antares

3. laurax's rating of the film Antares

While Revanche was impelling, I found a lot of gratuitous sex here, especially in the first part.

4. T Mills's rating of the film Antares

I don't normally warm to films with multiple stories intersecting beyond the best of Altman. However the individual parts of this kept it intriguing. I would have actually preferred if these three stories remained completely apart from each other.

5. Annabel Lyman's rating of the film Antares

Masterfully interwoven plotlines

6. David R Williams's rating of the film Antares

Three stars for the first story about which the AV Club reviewer called the "irrationality of desire". Sort of a shades of grey for adults who don't blanch at the sight of an erection.

7. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Antares

This review echoes others: of course, this film has been done before. But does it matter when it's as well made as this?

8. Mariel Green's rating of the film Antares

Intriguing filmFirst storyline - Desire, unapologeticly carnal. The second - Jealousy, tragic self destruction. The third - Entrapment, freedom in the death of the human longings until... Character of Sonya intriguing and well played by actress. Inspired to see the much talked about Revanche.

9. Amanda's rating of the film Antares

Great way to implicate parallel times and the characters relationships over the human complexity.

10. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film Antares

Antares is the heart of the scorpion. In these three tales of infidelity all of the characters, appropriately enough, get stung.

11. sark's rating of the film Antares

Production is good on all levels. But we have seen this film already. Amores Perros (2000) comes to mind as well as some others. MUBI's "chilly slice" phrase sums it up: the film leaves you feeling detached with a sense of ambivalence. Yet, I do feel a sense of optimism that the characters will do what is right for each of them.

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Antares

I have pictures that prove we loved each other. Remember when you said you would never leave? That you would die for me?

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Antares

La historia de una mujer con un pasado sexual provoca interés. Sin embargo, para cuando nos enteramos que el filme evoca a las historias cruzadas, dicha premisa se pierde para ser reemplazada por una mera pieza del rompecabeza, uno que después de todo no es complejo. Nada trascendental.

14. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Antares

Las escenas de sexo explícito de la primera historia me dejaron boquiabierto.

15. Mehdi Jahan's rating of the film Antares

This movie dealt some serious blows but failed to deliver a knockout punch the way Gotz Spielmans next feature "Revanche" did. This movie did generate some uncomfortable emotional responses within me. Spielman gives a penetrating insight, weaving a complex tapestry of love, loss, guilt and frustration and creates a moral conundrum of sorts. ps. The car accident linking the characters did bring Amores Perros to mind.

16. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Antares

I really have trouble with the "intersecting lives" mode of narrative that was the main selling point of another 2004 film called "Crash"...not so much with how things are connected but with this film's declining storyline, the first of which was intriguing, the second of which the Sonja character was very well acted, and then by the third I was wishing they had gone with the bellhop from the first act.

17. Olivia Reneé Saldívar's rating of the film Antares

Antares is way better than Revanche. Antares knows your secrets and keeps them with you. Revanche blurts your secrets to everyone and then asks for a hug afterwards.

18. alice_the_goon's rating of the film Antares

Based solely on how great Antares is I really hope Revanche will be awesome. Did I mention how great Antares is.