1. raggiodisole's rating of the film Antiviral

Like the concept, the dystopia it showed was well-realised(or is it a utopia?), but somehow I wasn't convinced.

2. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Antiviral

Glad I squeezed this in before midnight. I mis-read and thought Caleb Jones was Cronenberg jr. It then began to dawn on me, that the style was so Cronenberg sr, so I re read, and then just relished. Great sterile visuals, even the food is bland. And humanitys obsession with celebrity!. and this was made in 2012, before a Kardashian arse broke the internet. Wonderful, sick, slick, stylish, and vile!. Enjoy.

3. camezin's rating of the film Antiviral

sheer (gross/clinical/aesthetic/disgusting/slick/psychotic) brilliant perfection

4. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Antiviral

Directed by Brandon "son of David" Cronenberg, Antiviral is a debut feature that feels very much like something his father would have done back in his early years. There is, however, a lack of the wit and intelligence, and even frame composition, that Cronenberg Senior would have laced throughout, but it's not a bad first full-length film.

5. Robert H's rating of the film Antiviral

Even with an open mind Antiviral is pretty grotesque. The gentle introduction to the state of the world is delicate and successful, but also fustrating as whole aspects of the society are avoided and unexplored. The lead actor had a great potential, but barely used aside from stumbling around and dribbling. One of few films with a some-of-predictable yet revolting last act.

6. Josh and Selina's rating of the film Antiviral

What I find most frightening about this film is its conceivability. I'm certain there are people out there who would pay good money to be injected with Justin Bieber or Kim Kardashian germs (sigh). Vanity, vanity, all is vanity...

7. ged's rating of the film Antiviral

Every time I watch Caleb Landry Jones in a movie, I'm just waiting for something disturbingly wrong to happen.

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Antiviral

Brandon Cronenberg's work is a bit over-stylized (especially regarding the clinical white environments), but the with its focus on perverted celebrity cults it's nonetheless a body horror film with some deeply unsettling moments.

9. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Antiviral

10. richardlawrn's rating of the film Antiviral

11. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Antiviral

Antiviral's problem is it's detail driven with its celebrity obsessed world, but not with its characters or it story arc, making it a purely an idea film. Still, the direction is gorgeously sterile, and despite his character lacking any depth, Jones is quite mesmerizing with his unique appearance and whispery voice. Its oddity keeps you entranced much more than the story, of which, emotion is quite synthetic.

12. Śākyamuni's rating of the film Antiviral

Buon sangue (infetto) non mente.

13. MR: doesn't matter's rating of the film Antiviral

Getting sick directly from your favorite celebrity, that must be tasteful. Specially if you can eat her too.

14. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Antiviral

15. emanuela's rating of the film Antiviral

film malatino visto in inglese e forse qualche punto me lo son perso, ma è inquietante sia l'idea di fondo sia syd march stesso. figo.

16. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film Antiviral

17. wiwitaek's rating of the film Antiviral

I like it better than his father body horror's works.

18. Beatriz Ourique's rating of the film Antiviral

"Celebrities are not people, they're group hallucinations."

19. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Antiviral

20. SBERB's rating of the film Antiviral

malato al punto giusto

21. Oh, hi Denny's rating of the film Antiviral

good concept, poor execution

22. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Antiviral

The plot kinda goes here and there, but I'm up for some clinical body horror any time. Caleb Landry Jones is beautiful, disturbing, even though in a hipsterish way.

23. Dorabella's rating of the film Antiviral

I LOVED it. I think Caleb delivered a GREAT performance. David Cronenberg's son seems to be following in his footsteps.

24. Miguel Antunes's rating of the film Antiviral

this is so disturbing and beautiful at the same time

← Previous 1 3 4