1. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

Une oeuvre foisonnante qui s'aventure aussi bien dans la mythologie brésilienne que dans l'Histoire du pays, son devenir et ses résonances politiques, culturelles, religieuses... www.cinefiches.com

3. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

A deeply tourmoiled metaphysical western in the veign of Jodorwsky's El Topo ('70), yet so different; both so amazing. Great also to finally see a movie which can fit Pierre Boulez so well into it's soundtrack!

4. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

The tormented hitman of Black God, White Devil returns in a film heavy on symbolism and furious acting. The atmosphere is once again unique and captivating but the as a whole the film doesn't quite achieve the greatness of Black God, White Devil. Still definitely worth seeing because there aren't many films like those of Glauber Rocha.

5. paxy's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

6. Chilton's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

I didn't like Black God, White Devil, and this one wasn't any better. A bit of a mess, boring and silly editing. The cinematography saves it from being a total disaster.

7. Lthm2's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

The subject of Lampiao and Cangaço was unknown to me before seeing this film. After the credits I started reading about this part of Brazilian history and found it interesting. The problem is this movie is a bad joke done by a director I find allegorically irrelevant. He's theatrical and slow. So I wish the film would have given me a way to understand history, instead it made me vomit.

8. mgaspa's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

Thanks to MUBI to give us the oportunity to see this film again. Really a masterpiece.This is my opinion

9. Greg S.'s rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

The film unfolds like a religious sacrament or better yet a blood sacrifice set to folk song calling for a revolution. The bulk of the film Rocha utilizes color and staging to turn individual shots into into religious paintings composing his characters like icons. These ideals are almost systematically crushed and martyred when the characters struggle for power turns into a mini apocalypse. Masterpiece.

10. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

Tropicália western vatapá Godard dreamlike trance midnight movie Leone Jodorowsky Mai 68 street theatre HAPPENING

11. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

If only every country had a Glauber Rocha to make films for them. One of my favorite discoveries of the year.

12. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

A link to a review here - http://mubi.com/lists/cinema-of-the-abstract

13. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Antonio das Mortes

Una de las mejores orgias audiovisuales que he visto. Jodorowsky se queda pendejo junto a esto.