1. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Feels a bit more honest and less exploitative than say, Last Days Here (even though that movie is entertaining as a motherfucker)

2. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Thanks Japan! You provided a happy ending...

3. schmalhans's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Equal parts cringeworthy and moving documentary that never forgets to pay hommage to ancient metal chlichés. Spinal Tap all over again, but this time it's real.

4. Kortirion's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

'Demi-gods of Canadian metal'. Well folks, that's all you need to know. First, not metal, but rock, 2nd, Canada sucks (and yes I'm from there). Inspirational material certainly, just two undermen trying to make it 'big' in our lost society. (Yup, surely nothing to do with making tons of monaaaaaay.) If they truly were artists they would focus on the music and not the fame.

5. Janatamara's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

heartbreaking! an emotional tale of friendship and "stubborn belief" in a life plan they have built up for themselves.

6. Mirko Groenewold's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Traurig berührend, wie es heute um Anvil steht. Genauso faszinierend und schön, mit was für einer Leidenschaft die Jungs nach 30 Jahren Bandbestehen das alles noch machen. Ein wertvolles und lehrreiches Stück Dokumentation.

7. hans rio's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

i dont like metal, but i liked this film a lot

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

I like those really symphatic guys, following their dreams year after year and trying to start an international career. And the music actually is very strong. In spite of some chaotic passages it's a documentary well worth seeing.

9. william.rao's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

10. akash's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

THis was aired on Canal+ last week, and the magic of metal is still raging in these guys' blood! Yeah, "family's important shit, man!" What's disheartening though is the latent hypocrisy prevailing in the music business: "yeah, you're very good, but we're very afraid of not being able (having real balls) to trust you enough by producing your otherwise marvellous album..."

11. orangey's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

ok documentary I guess, but come on, do you really expect me to care or feel sorry for 2 looser-ish characters bordering on 100 years who can't get their s*** together ? why ? because they acted badass a while ago and made 40 albums which sound the same ?

12. J. Pomp's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Did no one think this was poorly put together? I thought there were some pretty poor choices re: editing, etc. Nevertheless, the subjects really shone through, which made this a really entertaining doc. How could you not fall in love with these guys?

13. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

This band's story is a hopeful and endearing rock fable that touches the heart of many, even non metal fans like myself. Robb and Lips are two dedicated artists who never had the recognition they deserved.

14. mpho3's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Two words: Thumb hang. But seriously, pair this with the docu Young at Heart and you won't necessarily hope you die before you get old.

15. Yass's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

This is a wonderful and very moving documentary about actual artists. Not those shitbags you'll see in the papers or on tv. It is also a documentary proving that the music industry is fucked. ... and I didn't cry because it was sad. I cried because I had the feeling that I might end up like these guys. Which is great and very depressing at the same time.

16. Anne's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

This film made me so emotional!

17. matthwq's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

way more emotional than i expected it to be, haha. it was good.

18. Vytautas Abromaitis's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

As Lips said: "Family's important shit, man."

19. bleadof's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Not many movies get me so involved in peoples dreams but this one did. I really wanted Anvil as a band to succeed and I still do. The guys feel and are real as their dreams and the movie captures the journey - the story - of Anvil with all of its glory. Weirdly it reminds me of Spinal Tap even though this is a documentary.

20. Chocnut's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Passion and a lack of luck.

21. Lucas Lacámara's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Very Spinal Tap, but it's real and you actually start to care for the well-being of the band.

22. traag-1's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Excellent doc.! By the end of it you just want nothing more than to see these guys succeed with their music and get what comes from paying your dues for years...Love how it comes full circle to japan again.

23. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil

if there's a heavy metal singer crying in his band's documentary and not making it corny, it's anvil's steve ludlow. that's how heavy metal he is. and if there's a documentary about a then famous and now struggling heavy metal band and not making it boring, it's anvil! the story of anvil. that's how heavy metal the documentary is.

24. Dominic Athanasiou's rating of the film Anvil! The Story of Anvil